Weed Control - What is everybody using?

/ Weed Control - What is everybody using? #21  
ddivinia said:
There are a number of designs. The wiper I am using is actually a steel drum that rotates by a hydraulic motor. The drum is covered with carpet. The spray rig puts the herbicide on the drum.

D.
So the drum is hydro operator (hooked to rear remotes) and sprayers are 12 volt powered? Yea, we definitely need muliple pics as their web site does not do it justice.

/ Weed Control - What is everybody using?
mark.r said:
So the drum is hydro operator (hooked to rear remotes) and sprayers are 12 volt powered? Yea, we definitely need muliple pics as their web site does not do it justice.

Agreed - their website is not that great. I'll try to get some pics today and post later.

D.

/ Weed Control - What is everybody using? #23  
Darin,

I looked around on their website and couldn't find any purchase information.

What did your's cost? Where did you buy it?

Thanks,
Eddie

EddieWalker said:
Darin,

I looked around on their website and couldn't find any purchase information.

What did your's cost? Where did you buy it?

Thanks,
Eddie

I paid around $7K shipped. I bought it direct and they had it trucked to me.

15' tractor mounted with gauge wheels and foamer. They have cheaper ones.

D.

Here are some pics. The first one is a pic from the rear. Middle tank is 25 Gal sprayer. The one of the right is the foamer 2.5G. The foamer pump is to the right of the tank.

The second pic shows the hook up to the tractor. 2 hydraulic lines, black cord for the foam marker, and the orange cord is for the sprayer.

3rd pic shows the in cab controls. Red faced mounted box is for the foamer - left and right. White PVC piece with the switch is for the sprayer and the bungee cord is to hold the lever in the run position (wish I had the deluxe valve package).

Attachments

• DSC_8627.jpg
    DSC_8627.jpg
    889.8 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC_8623.jpg
    DSC_8623.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC_8624.jpg
    DSC_8624.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 233
Some more pics.

1st pics shows the carpet roll pretty well. Note the rubber piece missing. It was too long and got caught up in the belt. I just cut it off - looked like too much work to replace.

2nd pic shows the hydraulic motor and belt setup.

3rd pic - the ray shield covers the spray nozzles, etc.

4th pic shows the gauge wheels. They don't mess around - very well made. I recommend these. It is something to set the machine down on (it does come with stands for storage). Also, in uneven terrain it will keep you from messing it up.

D.

Attachments

• DSC_8618.jpg
    DSC_8618.jpg
    971.8 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_8620.jpg
    DSC_8620.jpg
    857 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC_8625.jpg
    DSC_8625.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_8626.jpg
    DSC_8626.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 189
That pretty much covers it. I'll take some pics of it on the parking stands. They do make a trailer for it. I passed on the trailer. I figured if i had one of those, everybody would want to borrow it!

D.

/ Weed Control - What is everybody using? #28  
Any luck using MSMA on the johnson grass? I was about to spray mine with that.

Alan L. said:
Any luck using MSMA on the johnson grass? I was about to spray mine with that.

I have never tried it.

D.

/ Weed Control - What is everybody using? #30  
Darin,

Thanks for posting the pictures. You did a much better job of describing it then the dealer did on their website!!!! I had no idea that it was as involved as it is. The hydraulic motor was a big suprise.

Obviously you felt it was worth the price, but I'm curious how you came to that conclusion? Did you compare to spraying rigs in the same price range? Similar spray width?

Thanks,
Eddie