Weird Weather

/ Weird Weather #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
Just changed the Christmas flags for the winter ones, usually the 1st is like a light switch to the weather here. Almost always goes cold and nasty. Not this year, I feel a little weird putting out snowman flags at 67 degrees. Im going to send the temp pic to my cousin in Calirado.

IMG_3774.JPGIMG_3773.JPG

/ Weird Weather #2  
its crappy weather here in Idaho also. had 14" of snow, then hit 38F. already sloppy and melting. suppose to get to 42 tomorrow. wheres our winter

/ Weird Weather #3  
Old man arriving tonight hang around until Monday AM with snow freezing rain least temps mid 20's during the day....looking forward to our January thaw.

/ Weird Weather #4  
We had a foot of snow on Christmas morning. It was light and fluffy. Really made for a nice white Christmas. Easy to plow or shovel. Most melted within 3-4 days. Today, we had freezing rain all day. Here's the view out of one of our windows a few minutes ago...

F1950A0D-1614-4D07-AAAA-41FB7A72F4DE.jpeg

/ Weird Weather #5  
We're about to get our first major storm of the season... or our first storm of the year, take your pick. ;) They're talking about 6-10 inches of white stuff tomorrow, so maybe I can start using my new snowsled.

/ Weird Weather #6  
We had a foot of snow on Christmas morning. It was light and fluffy. Really made for a nice white Christmas. Easy to plow or shovel. Most melted within 3-4 days. Today, we had freezing rain all day. Here's the view out of one of our windows a few minutes ago...

View attachment 681798
Pretty and not too much.

/ Weird Weather #7  
We're about to get our first major storm of the season... or our first storm of the year, take your pick. ;) They're talking about 6-10 inches of white stuff tomorrow, so maybe I can start using my new snowsled.

Last time they predicted 6 inches here we got 40:eek: All bets are off.

/ Weird Weather #9  
Weird weather has become the norm around here. Two days ago we got a total of nine inches of nice, fluffy snow. Since that time its been raining and now I've got three inches of SLOP. If you like a nice white Xmas/New Year - it's a real disappointment. I've learned to be happy that we are, at least, getting moisture.

/ Weird Weather #10  

View attachment 681798

And here's the view this morning. Sat up until about 3:00am. We lost power momentarily about a dozen times. Saw 5-6 transformers arc between about 10:00pm and 2:00am. Beautiful flashes with the low cloud cover and snow. Orange, then green/white.

33,000 without power in our area this morning.

D311B71A-42D9-416D-A709-57713BEA528C.jpeg