Welcome to Winston Salem NC!

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC!
I used to travel in business a lot in the 70s and 80s and remember when business 40 was the only I40. The 52 exit is where we get off go south then west to go around. We come in on 158 from 220

I just assumed (incorrectly) that you were around the Glax area coming down 52 from 77. Martinsville area instead? When I use to visit my dad up in Pa and lived in the Ardmore area (Winston), I'd pick up 81 from 220, now I just go up to to 77, then 81 in Wythville (sp?).

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #22  
Krispy Kreme donuts are like Lays potato chips. You can't eat just one.

I remember as a boy in the 60's we would go to Charlotte once every month or so and Pop would always stop at the Krispy Kreme donut place on the way home. As a country boy getting that box of hot dounuts was like a million dollars. They didn't last. It was 30 miles or so to the house and too much time for that box to sit there.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #23  
Amazing - - I've never been in either shop. Seen them both - just never stopped.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #24  
Sigarms I live above Martinsville but below Roanoke and when you go up 220 you pass within 5 miles of my house

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #25  
Hi, new member from Lewisville, NC here. :drink:

Swore off the KK's (well, not entirely) . But yeah, I've gotten them off the rack there many of times. :licking:
Haven't tried Fratellis yet. Have you been to Cowboy Brazilian Steak House on S. Main?

Hi, new member from Lewisville, NC here. :drink:

Swore off the KK's (well, not entirely) . But yeah, I've gotten them off the rack there many of times. :licking:
Haven't tried Fratellis yet. Have you been to Cowboy Brazilian Steak House on S. Main?

Use to live at Bradford Place before moving to Yadkin County.

Ironically enough, "new" place last week was Meridian (day before Valentines day as we thought our one boy had double duty on lessons that one week until Valentines morning when the Piano teacher asked me to change the date because it was valentines days LOL). Brazillian Steak house was actually on the list, but wanted to try something other than a steak house (wanted to suprise my wife and try something new for just the two of us). Was in Lexington late last week and someone was speaking highly of that steak house you mentioned.

When I looked at the map for directions, they didn't look that far apart.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #27  
One of the problems with Dunkin is that they don't bake them right there in most of the stores. The fresh ones are pretty good. The ones that get transported around, not so much.

They used to advertise "fresh every four hours". I used to love their coffee, and would get it every time that I was near a store. (The nearest one was about 90 miles away at the time.) I don't know whether their coffee has gotten worse, or convenience stores are selling better coffee, or I'm just not as fussy as I used to be, but it isn't worth the wait anymore. I don't know how they can make it take so long just to pour a cup of black coffee.
Yesterday I got off the interstate and discovered that the store I've been frequenting for years now has a DD kiosk; so you check out twice to do the same business which used to be one stop. As usual there was a line there which was going nowhere fast... I guess that I will be changing my routine when heading south.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #28  
I just assumed (incorrectly) that you were around the Glax area coming down 52 from 77. Martinsville area instead? When I use to visit my dad up in Pa and lived in the Ardmore area (Winston), I'd pick up 81 from 220, now I just go up to to 77, then 81 in Wythville (sp?).
I77 from NC hits I81 in Ft Chiswell VA. Wytheville is 9 miles west, where I77 goes north towards WV. Just North of Ft Chiswell, on I81 is a nice little restaurant at Draper VA.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #29  
We now have a KK local, and i have yet to go...

I77 from NC hits I81 in Ft Chiswell VA. Wytheville is 9 miles west, where I77 goes north towards WV. Just North of Ft Chiswell, on I81 is a nice little restaurant at Draper VA.

18 years, the first 5 or so driving to Fayetteville WV every weekend from NC, and I always though that was Wytheville at I-81/I-77 intersection.