welder circuit

/ welder circuit #72  
I heard of it happening but never did it either and I have ran a couple of them pretty steady at times. Mostly where it was really too small. Mine was too small the day I got it but had something in mind. Should have got another the same day 2x the size.
But today it's found it's spot and most used welding machine I own.

Attachments

• bench SP.JPG
    bench SP.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
  • bench sp door.JPG
    bench sp door.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
  • bench shot.JPG
    bench shot.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
   / welder circuit #73  
i bought a miller 211 probably 10+ years ago and while i am hobby level only, i've never hit the duty cycle. most work i do is 3/16-1/4" with bits and pieces thicker, so most of the time i'm turned down fairly low, so i'd guess i've got closer to 50-80% duty cycle most of the time instead of the worst case 20% that people panic over. the other thing is that i'm usually cutting, fitting, grinding, squaring as i go, so it's weld a little, fit a little, weld a little more, measure a little, square up, weld some more... every now & then i step back and admire my work and take a picture too :D

/ welder circuit #74  
i bought a miller 211 probably 10+ years ago and while i am hobby level only, i've never hit the duty cycle. most work i do is 3/16-1/4" with bits and pieces thicker, so most of the time i'm turned down fairly low, so i'd guess i've got closer to 50-80% duty cycle most of the time instead of the worst case 20% that people panic over. the other thing is that i'm usually cutting, fitting, grinding, squaring as i go, so it's weld a little, fit a little, weld a little more, measure a little, square up, weld some more... every now & then i step back and admire my work and take a picture too :D

I've had two Miller 211s, an older one I bought back in the 90s I think, and one of the new ones that has an inverter power supply. I have used both of them on some pretty long runs, and have never had them shut down. Hard to beat a Miller in my experience.