Welding a hydraulic anchor point

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point
It should be good now!
Lol

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #62  
Probably should be good. If not at least you know what is not sufficient and beef it up even more.

My only suggestion would have been to round off the sharp corners, especially in the VEE where you had to cut out for the cylinder barrel. Get rid of the stress risers and less chance of a failure starting

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #63  
I think that's good enough considering the application in this case. Just watch it carefully for any changes during the first few hours of use. Cracked paint is a tell-tale of deformation, etc. It will probably be fine.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #64  
So what was the welder used in the repair??

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #65  
I hear ya on the size. Up to now i hadn't seen any around my anticipated price range. So now I gotta work out the few bugs. Gotta educate myself with the dyno charging system and get that working, also the steering as it seems like it's frozen in the minus temps. Almost like the transmission oil which apparently must lube the lower portion of the steering gear has condensation or water in it allowing it to freeze. Can't turn the wheel left much and a little to the right.

/ Welding a hydraulic anchor point #69  
That repair looks great.

Is that a Kubota-branded backhoe, or third-party painted to match?

I have what I thought was Kubota's smallest hoe in that era, about 1980. Made by ARPS then sold as OEM Kubota or Yanmar, along with tractors of about 20hp. It is far heavier constructed than what I see there. (Photo).

In fact the large triangular plates in my photo might be an improvement if that ever breaks again.