Welding Helmet Light

/ Welding Helmet Light #21  
I like the drawing a line on the seam idea. But I can't find any color that shows up on bare steel or millscale. Or it's too oily for a marker.

One thing that may not help me. My Contact lense practitioner has me wearing different prescriptions in each eye to help with close and far away sight. I guess you can wear glasses under a welding hood. I should get a pair that corrects both eyes to the distance of the welding work.

/ Welding Helmet Light #22  
ON you oily surfaces, quick wipe down with quick drying solvent...

I use these all the time, I usually get them in a 2 pack, one white, one black.... Whites shows up good on dark rusty metal, and black shows real good on really clean (sander/flapdisk clean ) metal... Does no interfere with weld quality ...

10629932_fry_70818_pri_larg.jpg

And the come in black, blue. yellow, red and green... In US they are predominately in hardware stores that sell Forney welding products....

Dale

/ Welding Helmet Light #23  
ON you oily surfaces, quick wipe down with quick drying solvent...

I use these all the time, I usually get them in a 2 pack, one white, one black.... Whites shows up good on dark rusty metal, and black shows real good on really clean (sander/flapdisk clean ) metal... Does no interfere with weld quality ...

10629932_fry_70818_pri_larg.jpg

And the come in black, blue. yellow, red and green... In US they are predominately in hardware stores that sell Forney welding products....

Dale

Interesting, worth a try. My big issue is light as the post kind of started. The barn at the new house is get plenty of light. I find the 5000K LED lights help a lot.

/ Welding Helmet Light #25  
For a slim line that glows well during your weld, Look up Silver Streak or even Silver Pencils. Works great with Plasma and oxy-fuel as well. Check it out.

/ Welding Helmet Light
For a slim line that glows well during your weld, Look up Silver Streak or even Silver Pencils. Works great with Plasma and oxy-fuel as well. Check it out.

I have the worst time refilling those pencils.

/ Welding Helmet Light
The embarrassing part is I really like the way they mark and have been using them for years. I should take the time and figure out how to load them properly.

Maybe YouTube or something.

/ Welding Helmet Light #29  
The refills can be a bit fragile. I break a few as well.

/ Welding Helmet Light #30  
I find the silver grease pencil or sharpie do not stand out on most new (with mill scale) steel.

Also the silver streak never really has a point for accurate marking. You only dare to have a mm or two sticking out of the holder.