What are you OCD about?

/ What are you OCD about? #11  
Visual Symmetry and Proportion. When I see something out of balance; visually, its like nails to a chalk board. It almost physically hurts when I see something that is arbitrarily placed.
I will move mountains until things look "right," following a symmetric or proportional rule.

For instance, once we started framing up the house, built on a floating slab, found that the toilet flange was off by 2 inches. It would look off centered. So I jack hammered up the slab and installed a adjustment flange to bring the flange right in the center, were I designed it to be. Crazy amount of work for two inches.

I also don't like it when people say "Literally," when they should have said "Figuratively," or "Metaphorically."
:)

Last edited:
   / What are you OCD about? #12  
Kitchen towels need to be on the oven and dishwasher handle. Not draped over the sink, piled up on the counter.
Hang up the dish clothe instead of leaving it to ferment in the corner of the sink.

/ What are you OCD about? #13  
Visual Symmetry and Proportion. When I see something out of balance; visually, its like nails to a chalk board. It almost physically hurts when I see something that is arbitrarily placed.
I will move mountains until things look "right," following a symmetric or proportional rule.

For instance, once we started framing up the house, built on a floating slab, found that the toilet flange was off by 2 inches. It would look off centered. So I jack hammered up the slab and installed a adjustment flange to bring the flange right in the center, were I designed it to be. Crazy amount of work for two inches.

I also don't like it when people say "Literally," when they should have said "Figuratively," or "Metaphorically."
Wife and I have that issue currently with the kitchen back splash in the house we are renting. nobody else notices it but it screams at my wife and I. We were sitting at the island munching on something and noticed the back splash has a droop by the stove.

Gives me fits when I'm cooking dinner

/ What are you OCD about? #14  

You would be uncomfortable around my place. I intentionally vary angle and size after figuring out it's a never ending chore maintaining symmetry.

/ What are you OCD about? #16  
I cannot stand my cereal bags not closed
I guess I'm OCD here too because I can't either.

Basement stairs light switches must both be in the down position when off.
Yeah, this is quirky. My wife used to walk across the room to make sure the switches all aligned one being a 3-way switch.

he never lowered the flap back own to cover the keyboard.
Yeah, my 28 year lived with us for a spell after his divorce and this drove me crazy too.

/ What are you OCD about? #17  
Every screw that holds all the electric plates in my house are at perfect vertical.

I wanted all the spouts, tub and sinks and shower, and hand valves to be the same though out the house.

Moen had discontinued this line of products, before I had bought all of them.

I got them all to match, but paid dearly finding NOS fixtures across the USA and the UK.

They HAD to Match. And some how, I found the last NOS, extended Moen Roman Bath Spout in the world, that was for sale, after two months of searching and the price was extraordinary, but it was either buying the solution or starting completely over so everything else would match.

My wife has the same issues, and we love each other, because of our mutual obsessions. :)

/ What are you OCD about? #18  
I have way too many OCD's to list here.....

/ What are you OCD about? #20  
Only one.. I'm OCD about getting all my hay in, dry and bailed right. Once it's bailed, it can sit until my customer picks it up as my job is finished.

Very OCD about that and a couple of times, been under the gun from Mother Nature but got it handled anyway.