What are you using to lube your implements and tractors?

/ What are you using to lube your implements and tractors? #11  
I run amsoil marine grease for about everything. My dealer is around the corner. I buy it by the case for $85.

I spray fluid film and amsoil MP HD on all raw metal , chrome , zinc bolts and plates etc. My oil guy and his family have sprayed snowmobile chassis and parts with it since the 90s and they look show room new nearly. All the zinc bolts are still shiny. No rust on anything or corrosion.

/ What are you using to lube your implements and tractors? #12  
I don't recall the brand, but I bought a lovely bulk pack of red lithium grease, and on recommendation from an Aussie on here I started using fluid film.

/ What are you using to lube your implements and tractors? #13  
I also use Amsoil grease, but their standard #2 synthetic.
On unpainted tractor surfaces I hit everything with automotive clear coat when my tractor was new. 7 years later it looks great!

/ What are you using to lube your implements and tractors? #14  
I love how we all pretty much think alike here. After seeing several old original equipment pieces maintained like such it was a no brainer. That little bit of time and yearly cost to keep my large investment looking nearly new and functioning is worth it.

/ What are you using to lube your implements and tractors? #16  
BTW, some ppl swear by Woolwax. They say it is much better than fluid film. I have no experience with either.

/ What are you using to lube your implements and tractors? #17  
I also use Amsoil, but the heavier duty one since the loader and backhoe are subject to higher shock loads.

1682385139221.png

This stuff is super tacky and stays in place.

/ What are you using to lube your implements and tractors? #18  
You are correct at least in my implement grease guns. For general greasing I have an ARO air greaser with a 150 foot hose on it and I use Lubrication Engineers teflon fortified grease in 150 pound open head drums. Not cheap but really hangs in there. Last 150 pound drum I bought (from my jobber) was 1500 bucks. Lasts me a couple years.
Wow using 150 pounds of grease in only two years that’s a lot of grease !

/ What are you using to lube your implements and tractors?
Different greases for different equipment.
But I heartily endorse your use of fluid film. I've tried to spread spray cans of it throughout my 5 "shops" so whenever I see bare metal I get it covered.
It seems in Mississippi rusting is a form of waste disposal.
/edit - also try to give a squirt for nuts and bolts, locks and latches.
I put this anti-seize on almost every threaded bolt. I have cans of it every place I work on anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424-222843.png
    Screenshot_20230424-222843.png
    1 MB · Views: 61
   / What are you using to lube your implements and tractors? #20  
I use LPS #3 for exposed metal surfaces, it lasts a long time. LPS brand makes good stuff. And I put anti seize, either copper based or nickel based, on just about every threaded surface, that way I won’t bust a gut getting something apart. As far as grease, I buy the tubes of grease from JD. It is priced fair and convenient to get. I think it’s a good grease.