What buy 2wd vs 4wd

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #41  
I'm not really sure it's appropriate for your racial and political comments here when you are upset for being proven wrong on something. I've never seen anyone who is so proud of themselves that they go and get racial and political when they are wrong. I didn't think racial issues nor political issues were allowed here. Further, the best I can tell, several people seem to set you off when they prove you wrong. You ought to lighten up a bit and take a major dose of humility. Perhaps people would take you more seriously.

Appropriate? I love it! This coming from the guy who sends me emails bashing the moderators on this site, telling me how this site is a complete waste of your time........Now you're so concerned about what is appropriate here? Obviously what you see as appropriate is everyone agreeing with whatever you have to say and all of us lining up to tell you just how wonderful it is that you grace us with your time. Sorry. Not happenin' in this lifetime.

(A) NO ONE that I'm aware of, not least of which you, has proven ANYONE wrong in this thread.

(B) The ONLY person who's being "set off" is you slick. I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face.

(C) RACIAL? POLITICAL? Surely you jest. I know I was joking, so did everyone else apparently. How about YOU?

(D) ME take a major dose of humility? There's the real laugher! You.... The guy who thinks his status in life is determined by his ability to spend money like a drunken sailor.

Seems you are trying very hard to make an issue about subject matter totally unrelated to the thread. Getting desperate?

I sense a padlock coming soon.....

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #42  
Nope, nobody has ever proven you wrong. I'm sure you believe that. Just as much as you'd believe that I'd confer and trust in you for anything. Riiiight. ;)

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #43  
i dont understand

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #45  
Hurry and buy the 4WD before we have a meltdown.

FWJ, I liked it better when you were showing us how to rebuild a plow. I'm certain you have your reasons. Darned tractors are more complicated than they used to be. However, I do remember reading you were recently getting a quote on a new JD for a potential roadside mowing contract. Things that make you go hummmmm...?????:confused::confused::confused: I can only guess you didn't like the quote. FWJ, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only guessing. It's just that I haven't seen posts from you with so much contempt until recently.

Dargo, I don't think FWJ meant anything political or racial IMHO.

It would be nice if things didn't get personal. I respect and value both your opinions favorably. Soundguy, that's a whole nuther story. Gotta respect him tho' he gets more tractoring done on less money than anyone in this hemisphere:D:D:D

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #46  
That's because I buy old beaters and then save the labor charge and fixem myself... I've really only bought a couple new tractors.. all others were used or antiques or a trade in / lease return.. but mostly antiques... not many people these days like doing much work with antiques... I don't mind sliding a dollar bill thru a set of points every year or whacking a carb with a screwdriver handle once in a while to make one run.. of course... I paid less.. and got old ones .. I'm fairly certain my 33yr old 6800$ ford 5000 will outwork probably anything up to and including a tt60 on the CNH lot right now... at a huge discount on pricevs hp when compairing to work potential for most tasks... at least most tasks I'd do anyway.. like.. uh.. mow.. etc. ;)

soundguy

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #47  
Hurry and buy the 4WD before we have a meltdown.

FWJ, I liked it better when you were showing us how to rebuild a plow. I'm certain you have your reasons. Darned tractors are more complicated than they used to be. However, I do remember reading you were recently getting a quote on a new JD for a potential roadside mowing contract. Things that make you go hummmmm...?????:confused::confused::confused: I can only guess you didn't like the quote. FWJ, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only guessing. It's just that I haven't seen posts from you with so much contempt until recently.

Dargo, I don't think FWJ meant anything political or racial IMHO.

It would be nice if things didn't get personal. I respect and value both your opinions favorably. Soundguy, that's a whole nuther story. Gotta respect him tho' he gets more tractoring done on less money than anyone in this hemisphere:D:D:D

As I've mentioned, I currently own John Deere's. I'm not opposed to their existance, nor am I opposed to owning them. I simply don't believe they're the absolute best across the board in all areas all the time. They're highly over-rated by some individuals. Most of those individuals are more interested in the alleged "status" that goes with owning something they perceive as the "best" simply because it's the most expensive. Anyone familiar with my history of tractor ownership will consistantly tell you onething. I have no absolute favorite brand. Picking one color as "the best" is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still weighing options that may include owning 3 NEW Deere's OR any of several other brands, once I decide which is the best use of funds. (and the big if....If I land the mowing contract)

I'm probably the LEAST "racial" person you'll ever cross paths with. And politics is one big joke in and of itself as far as I'm concerned.

As far as my "contempt"..... No so much. There's a building friction with a certain individual directed towards me. It's reached the point where we're constantly pushing each others buttons to get a reaction. My reaction is usually laughing at how upset that individual gets from a little jab. If certain people didn't get so bent outta shape when they get teased, I'd probably quit teasing them. Old habit from my Army days........

Oh.. and I LOVE a GOOD arguement......er......DEBATE!

Last edited:
   / What buy 2wd vs 4wd #48  
So what the heck is BOB1476 supposed to buy? 4WD or 2WD? That was the original problem.....:)

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #49  
Whatever meets his current and some forseeable future needs, and is agreeable with his wallet, and is an appealing color to his eye, and fits his backside and hands real well.

soundguy