What did you do at work today?

/ What did you do at work today? #31  
Been retired for 15 years. Furnace quit last night at about midnight. Repair guy this morning said it need a new computer board. I drove 1 hour each way to get the part so we would have heat tonight. Otherwise it would have been next Monday
So that's what I did today. Drive for heat.

/ What did you do at work today? #32  
Was asked to temporarily move from engineering to customer quality due to a death in the department and another QA engineer resigning. Spent the day digging through files trying to figure out what needs to be submitted for a couple new model launches starting in a few weeks.

/ What did you do at work today? #33  
Operated the Bulk Electric System in a safe, reliable and economical manner for 16hrs.

/ What did you do at work today? #34  
Operated the Bulk Electric System in a safe, reliable and economical manner for 16hrs.

Moved my wind turbine generator retrofit temp shop to another place in the Texas desert to double its size and prep for double the volume.
IMG_0914.JPG

/ What did you do at work today? #36  
A friend wanted to borrow my TLB to dig up a frozen faucet so I backed it out of the shop, let it warm up while I fueled it. Darned auto shutoff nozzle on my fuel hose wouldn't engage so I had to swap nozzles. Then I moved the B26 around to the front of my shop in prep to do a full grease job (man was the grease stiff in the 22F temps. Of course both grease guns needed to have the cartridges replaced first. About the time I got the backhoe lowered, my friend showed up with his trailer so I kind of supervised while he greased up everything. Then helped him chain it down and I was mostly finished for the day. I offered to go help him so I would have something to do but he said it was only a 30 minute job once the city got there to shut off the water supply. He said he would call if he needed anything, no call so I guess he didn't need any help.

Edit: today it is 59F but likely going to rain some more today.

/ What did you do at work today? #37  
I have about 2 1/2 years before I can retire. But until then I'm still arresting bad guys, writing tickets and pretty much violating everyone's civil rights. So they say...
And social work, don't forget that. Society can't be bothered with providing resources for crazy people, so they leave that to you.

"Hey, all those other cars were speeding, why didn't you stop them too?"

"When you go fishing, do you catch all the fish?" :laughing:

/ What did you do at work today? #38  
Finally won't be sad to see this job gone...
20170111_100927.jpg

/ What did you do at work today? #40  
Put wood in the woodstove...drove to the farm, took feed inventory, took water, barn temperature and R H % ,and walk in cooler temperature readings ,routine inspection of the barn and birds, remove manure, collect the eggs (+/- 1500 dozs.), blow dust and clean packer, put garbage to side of road, drive back home.
Time for a quick lunch now !
Typical morning on a family egg farm in Ontario, Canada.