What did you do at work today?

/ What did you do at work today?
I bought this original light off a friends Farmall Cub he's parting out and took it apart and got it cleaned and primed. I cleaned the glass with over cleaner and a toothbrush, it works wonders on glass fuel bowls as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3781.JPG
    IMG_3781.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3783.JPG
    IMG_3783.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3788.JPG
    IMG_3788.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3798.JPG
    IMG_3798.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3806.JPG
    IMG_3806.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3810.JPG
    IMG_3810.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3844.JPG
    IMG_3844.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3845.JPG
    IMG_3845.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3801.JPG
    IMG_3801.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 158
   / What did you do at work today? #43  
I made the coffee and took the trash up to the road. Came back and drank a cup of coffee while I watched some news on TV. Don't know what I'll do the rest of the day sept piddle around on the Internet probably. I snow plowed yesterday so I have today off to do whatever I please or nothing at all. Retired life is like that.

/ What did you do at work today? #44  
I irritated some of my co-workers today. I'm a Quality Jerk. It's what I do.

/ What did you do at work today? #45  
That's right!

Man told me when I was a teenager "show me someone who doesn't mess something up and I will show you someone who isn't doing anything". Lot of truth in that!

The only thing wrong to do after a mistake is to not learn from it!

/ What did you do at work today? #46  
Got up at sunrise, gave the cat his morning pill, rode the lifecycle for fifty minutes while watching "The Grand Tour". Took a shower, then had coffee and breakfast with the wife. Drank more coffee, went out to the shop and fired up the stove, carried one of the new stair railings down to the house so wife could see how well the stain matches. Wife changes plans on railings wants the new railings on the upper flight and older railings on lower stairs. Back out to shop, realize that there is not quite enough new railing stock to make the returns at the rail ends (was enough for original plan, bottom staircase is shorter than top). Run to lumber yard and get more railing stock. Back out in shop cut the railings to length and cut the returns. Drill pocket holes to fasten returns on railings. Find that the pockets are a bit longer than my plug cutter. Wife needs stuff from wally world and a late lunch at local Chinese restaurant, not a problem restaurant is a block from lumber yard can pick up dowel to plug pocket holes. Run into neighbor at restaurant, nice chat and good food, hit lumber yard and wally world. Back home cut plugs and glue them in. Back in house checking and posting on TBN.
Glad I am retired, don't have time for a job now:laughing:

/ What did you do at work today? #47  
Spoke with a German supplier and an Ecuadorian customer. Neither even mentioned how things may be changing due to our new President, which surprised me somewhat.

Drilling some holes in 25' 4" aluminum channel. IMG_3939.JPGIMG_3940.JPG

/ What did you do at work today? #49  
Annual callup on the portal gamma monitors and the whole body beta monitors. Inspection, check parameters , update test source list to compensate for decay of test sources. Mount a calibration source at an exact distance from each of the 23 detectors on the Camberra whole body and the eight detectors on the Camberra portal monitor. Check eaxh detector's efficiency and replace if low. Set Voltage for the gamma detectors for highest efficnecy and figure of merit. Function test with a weak test source . Fill out 30+ pages of proceedure for each monitor. Download data from the past year onto a USB fob.

Went to the powdercoaters and picked up the press wheels for this MF #39 corn planter I been working on.

IMG_4045.JPG
IMG_4046.JPGIMG_4048.JPG