What did you do at work today?

/ What did you do at work today? #21  
Got up at 0530, made coffee, checked emails and TBN.
Took shower and got dressed for trip to car dealer (they don't appreciate me going naked)
Took wife's car to dealer for free oil change and tire rotation.
Talked to salesmen and drank free coffee. Came home.
Took truck and went to visit a friend (also retired) and got a barrel of ashes. Shot breeze with him.
Returned home and spread ashes on ice in driveway.
WOW!! It was cold out. 20* F with wind chill of -1*F
Picked up mail.
Went back inside and checked TBN.
Watched TV. Too cold to do anything outside.
Boy am I tired. I don't miss work at all but do get bored staying inside in winter. Can't wait for warmer weather but still have a few more months of winter.

/ What did you do at work today? #22  
The Woods bush hog I bought has a baler belt on the front of it as a guard, it's torn up. I was looking thru the manual and found a picture of a chain option. I started working on that. We don't have any fab machines to break or bend so I am going to make it angled with a plate and piece of angle iron. I started cutting slots and got one done. The guy at the hardware store is going to flip out when I tell him I need him to cut me 56 pieces of 5/16" chain 7 links long, lol.

Buy the chain and a set of bolt cutters and cut your own. Or use a cut off wheel to cut the chain.

/ What did you do at work today? #23  
That was my gig for 30 years. DEA, Sheffield, Mitoyo, but mostly Zeiss.

I've been a Quality Jerk for almost 20 years, but am new to CMM. We have an older Romer arm running Axel 7, which has a really nice tube wizard. No one here knew how to operate it after the last Quality Manager left. So, a couple of weeks ago I brought in the guy who installed (and calibrates) it and had him train me and our Estimator on the new software. I still like the familiarity calipers and gages, but man is this a cool tool. :dance1:

/ What did you do at work today? #24  
You say that cause I threw the piece out of the mill yesterday? lol. I love running the milling machine, I been welding for 31ish years and I get burnt out on it pretty quick.

Nope, the only guy that didn't make mistakes got crucified.....:)

/ What did you do at work today? #25  
You say that cause I threw the piece out of the mill yesterday? lol. I love running the milling machine, I been welding for 31ish years and I get burnt out on it pretty quick.

I've been a Quality Jerk for almost 20 years, but am new to CMM. We have an older Romer arm running Axel 7, which has a really nice tube wizard. No one here knew how to operate it after the last Quality Manager left. So, a couple of weeks ago I brought in the guy who installed (and calibrates) it and had him train me and our Estimator on the new software. I still like the familiarity calipers and gages, but man is this a cool tool. :dance1:

After years of use, I found that I very rarely used a micrometer or calipers. I could do a quick setup, and have a written report, faster than I could get the tools out.

One thing, pay attention to the calibration. Every time I assumed a probe was OK or calibrated properly, it bit me in the butt.

/ What did you do at work today?
Nope, the only guy that didn't make mistakes got crucified.....:)

That's right!

Man told me when I was a teenager "show me someone who doesn't mess something up and I will show you someone who isn't doing anything". Lot of truth in that!

/ What did you do at work today? #27  
Drove 180 miles round trip to install kitchen cabinets at a camp located in Prudenville, MI ** 8 degrees out. Great day, my oldest was able to go with me (she didn't help with cabinets :cool:)

CoBeAc – Camp & Conference Center

/ What did you do at work today? #28  
Took the 3pt lift mechanism apart on the little Ford today. Not sure she's appreciating being in the warm shop. Have 4 crucial things torn apart now. Waiting on parts. :)

20170105_144830 (1280x720).jpg

/ What did you do at work today? #29  
Though on SS and a pension, I drive a school bus. The district called off today due to the threat of snow. (The roads in my county are not for the faint of heart on a good day) So, I got to working on a brainstorm or a brainfart perhaps, idea I had. I made a dually dual wheeled wheel barrow to try to make navigating the mud when I muck out my horsebarn a bit easier. I took a piece of 5/8 round stock, made about a forty inch long axle and put two wheels on both sides of my standard dual wheeled wheelbarrow. The jury is still out as to wether it will make life easier or not. Maybe if I add some stacks....

/ What did you do at work today? #30  
Just put together aluminum platform number 56 of 59 I can finally see the end of this job thank god.

20170106_085003.jpg