What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,941  
I have been in analysis paralysis in deciding on a speaker replacement for my cab tractor. Reading your post I decided to just get the same speakers, and they are much better than OEM.
I don't know much about audio stuff, but there is more base at lower volume, and I find that I adjust the radio volume about 1/2 of what I used before the speaker swap.
Thanks for the post!
Thanks. Glad they worked for you too.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,942  
Unloaded and weighed a few IBC's of Oak firewood! One weighed 1060, another 1273, didn't weigh the 3rd one. I thought they would be closer to 1500 but I should have known they were lighter by how easy the trailer pulled.

20210801_183826_sm.jpg
20210801_183922sm.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,943  
Following the advise of a comment on my YT channel, I decided to take another look at the WR Long third function valve, specifically where its located and how its mounted. I took the valve off the bracket, and hung the valve with some wire. There really should be a plug for the electrical wire going into the valve. I took the bracket to the vise and beat the crap out of with a hammer until it bent over 90 degrees. I then remounted the valve. This tucked the valve up and under the floor of the cab. I was then able to mount my tool box back! YAY!!!

Doing this also makes me feel a bit better about not having a hydraulic valve sticking out in front of the tire, where things can hit it, snag it, etc. It's much more protected now.

Attachments

• 20210731_145542.jpg
    20210731_145542.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
  • 20210731_145858.jpg
    20210731_145858.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,944  
Nice toolbox but it seems to be on the wrong side of tractor.
If I ever do find a decent toolbox I hope to mount it on the left side similar to this
Factory toolbox

1627918671388.jpeg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,947  
I normally get on and off from the left side (tractor with cab) so that’s why having toolbox on left side seems handiest, right now I have no mounted toolbox so toolbox Mounted almost anywhere would be better than what I have now. Been looking for a nice toolbox but so far haven’t been able to find one I like but the search continues.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,948  
There is no wrong side IMO, I chose both, one side for tools, one side for chains, etc.

toolbox5-jpg.681752
Looks good! Are they lined with anything to keep the rattle to a minimum?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,949  
Following the advise of a comment on my YT channel, I took the bracket to the vise and beat the crap out of with a hammer until it bent over 90 degrees. I then remounted the valve. This tucked the valve up and under the floor of the cab. I was then able to mount my tool box back! YAY!!! .

That looks great and you get your toolbox back. Maybe send some feedback to whomever you bought the valve from so they might do a product improvement.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,950  
Unloaded and weighed a few IBC's of Oak firewood! One weighed 1060, another 1273, didn't weigh the 3rd one. I thought they would be closer to 1500 but I should have known they were lighter by how easy the trailer pulled.

View attachment 707986View attachment 707987
That's a novel way to haul and store your firewood. No mess, stays dry and easy to unload and store.