What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,961  
On my XR4140 that switch will bring engine up to PTO speed (also adjustable) regardless of throttle position. Stays at PTO speed until you hit brakes. Didn’t know this for awhile, now I use whenever I mow.

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,962  
I checked the Hydraulic pressure on my XG3025 today. It was 400 psi low. Adjusted it up to spec and FEL seems stronger.
I also learned that I am much better operating the FEL if I hold the lever close to the valve rather than on the end. It has eliminated the jerking when raising and lowering it.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,963  
On my XR4140 that switch will bring engine up to PTO speed (also adjustable) regardless of throttle position. Stays at PTO speed until you hit brakes. Didn’t know this for awhile, now I use whenever I mow.
Thanks for explaining that, now that I’m aware of that feature I will probably be using it.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,964  
Who 'else' makes a ripper tooth compatible with this toy backhoe? I'm not fond of that one company everybody talks about and I have about 10-12 small stumps I want to get out this fall/winter.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,965  
Been looking for a way to carry a couple of garden tools and hadn't found something that worked. Was hoping to add some PVC pipe to carry tools upright, but found no place to mount it on my tractor. Here is the solution I came up with, and so far it seems to work well. Nothing has moved and the width is within my tires, so that is cool Everything is magnetic, and I used a zip-tie for extra security so things can't slide down.
Tractor_rake1.jpg

Tractor_rake2.jpg

Tractor_rake3.jpg

Tractor_rake4.jpg

Tractor_rake5.jpg

Tractor_rake6.jpg

These are the right side hooks: Tetra-Teknica UH03-6P Heavy Duty Garage Storage Utility Hooks, Color Black, 6 per Pack - - Amazon.com
I riveted these magnets to right side hooks. Neodymium Disc Countersunk Hole Magnets, 1.26 inch x 0.2 inch Strong Permanent Rare Earth Magnets with Screws - Pack of 12: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
These are the left side magnetic clips, a little spendy... Amazon.com: Landscapers Clip. A Magnetic Tool Holder for Yard Tools, Hand Tools, Shovel, Rake and More : Tools & Home Improvement

I figured I'd just drill a hold a bit down the hook for the second magnet, but it was not possible for me to get it perfectly centered on the round tube, so both magnets didn't grip together as they should. I wound up putting the hook in a vise and crushing it flat like the top portion, then riveting on a magnet was easy. I also bent it all just a bit to the top and bottom magnets sit flush.

All the magnets were slick and easy to slide down with a bit of force, so I sprayed a little primer on them to get rid of the slipperiness and everything holds well.

So far, I like it.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,966  
Almost 6 hours seat/flail time. Got my rough fields finished
65066982118__C0C398E3-64F8-47E1-9136-CC9FD77EDDC7.JPG

65066983969__F7684C1D-14A4-4C1B-A941-0B8E4A40EA32.fullsizerender.JPG

Then some time mowing lawn around house which had become a bit overgrown not being dry enough to mow for too long.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,967  
Secondary electronic trench
20210813_165848.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,968  
Nice job. That is much straighter than any I've dug.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,970  
I can't dig in a straight line even when using a string or a paint line. I should go practice.