What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,761  
In future better to have lifting strap and lift under bucket closer to tractor! This gives you better lift and control on objects like metal blocks of that size!
If I was going to do it more than once a decade I'd probably rig up something better. I used your suggestion to lift the boxdrag out of my trailer and got flamed by tractor nazis.. there will always be someone who thinks they know more..

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,762  
MT350e with loaded rears and a hudson uniforest winch....pulling some big beech trees...slow and steady....pulled those logs over 200 feet with the winch across a creek to take this pic

Attachments

• winch1.jpg
    winch1.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 97
  • winch2.jpg
    winch2.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 92
  • beech.jpg
    beech.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,763  
If I was going to do it more than once a decade I'd probably rig up something better. I used your suggestion to lift the boxdrag out of my trailer and got flamed by tractor nazis.. there will always be someone who thinks they know more..
Well not sure why anyone thought lifting closer to the tractor was wrong! But it dont matter what you are using a tractor, excavator, or a crane the farther from the center of gravity of your equipment the more unstable it becomes and the more small movements have chance to become a disaster! I have seen some big expensive machines and the cargo becomes a insurance problem real fast! Physics is always playing a part in the game!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,764  
Rotated the compost pile Sunday
Dug out around a capped off septic sprayer last night, it was always too damp around it. Now the yard is a little less green in it's zone so I installed a valve and access box along with the original sprayer so now I can just turn it off and on as needed for wet or dry years. Love having that backhoe!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,765  
Da' Hoe dun it!!!!

Feeling a little less stumped now. Numbers 1 and 3 are kind of small, but note the gnarly roots on #2!!!

Stumped1.jpg
Stumped2A.jpg
Stumped2B.jpg
Stumped3.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,766  
Noticed another fuel leak though. Not sure where this one is, somewhere above the fuel pump on the left side. Bugger to see with the fender on and that's a bugger to take off. Might be the banjo fitting on what appears to be the fuel rail Might try to tighten that up a bit.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,767  
Da' Hoe dun it!!!!

Feeling a little less stumped now. Numbers 1 and 3 are kind of small, but note the gnarly roots on #2!!!

View attachment 694536View attachment 694537View attachment 694538View attachment 694539
Always a good feeling getting rid of those buggers. A Ripper or a narrow bucket would certainly speed the process up. I need to find one or the other. Spruce stumps come out easy, it's those 20 or 30 Willows growing from the same buried stump that gives me fits.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,768  
Always a good feeling getting rid of those buggers. A Ripper or a narrow bucket would certainly speed the process up. I need to find one or the other. Spruce stumps come out easy, it's those 20 or 30 Willows growing from the same buried stump that gives me fits.
You should try some bodark also known as Osage orange! They are a real pain 1/2 inch roots will have to be cut because small backhoe can't break them!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,769  
You should try some bodark also known as Osage orange! They are a real pain 1/2 inch roots will have to be cut because small backhoe can't break them!
That is where a backhoe Ripper Tooth would excel.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,770  
That is where a backhoe Ripper Tooth would excel.
I plan to build a kind of cutter tooth but not spending what I have seen some go for! But these trees I have are only like 4 inch diameter but even in wet ground they hold like a 3ft oak tree! Plus they grow 1 inch thorns in a big bush! My boys hate them since they usually get to help pick up the pieces!