What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,771  
Removed

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,772  
Our roots are very shallow and I bought a 3-PT Subsoiler hoping that it would cut the roots and save a bunch of digging. Still 3' of snow on the ground so will be awhile before I can try it.

I should just buy a plasma cutter and build a ripper tooth.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,773  
HELP PLZ.. WE HAVE AN MT225HE BOUGHT NEW IN JULY 2020,,ASSUME IT IS A 2020.. READ ARTICLE BY RBSTERN FROM JULY 2019 ABOUT ADDING A HORN.. GOT THE RECCOMENDED SWITCH//BOSCH RELAY AND HARNESS AND FUSE AND HOLDER.. READY TO INSTALL,,REMOVED RECTANGLE ON DASH AND SWITCH IS A LITTLE SHORT AND NARROW,,(OR I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG))... ANY ADVICE PLEASE.. I WRITE IN CAPS AS EYES NOT SO GOOD,,NEW GLASSES AND ALL..

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,774  
50 Hr. Service on the new MT225S....getting the back yard ready for fire season in Nor-Cal.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,775  
HELP PLZ.. WE HAVE AN MT225HE BOUGHT NEW IN JULY 2020,,ASSUME IT IS A 2020.. READ ARTICLE BY RBSTERN FROM JULY 2019 ABOUT ADDING A HORN.. GOT THE RECCOMENDED SWITCH//BOSCH RELAY AND HARNESS AND FUSE AND HOLDER.. READY TO INSTALL,,REMOVED RECTANGLE ON DASH AND SWITCH IS A LITTLE SHORT AND NARROW,,(OR I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG))... ANY ADVICE PLEASE.. I WRITE IN CAPS AS EYES NOT SO GOOD,,NEW GLASSES AND ALL..
Yes, the switch cutout is larger than the standard automotive rocker switches. I cannot recall the number of the correct switch size. There was a link someone posted to a supplier that sells the correct switches. Hopefully they will be along shortly with that link....

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,777  
Noticed another fuel leak though. Not sure where this one is, somewhere above the fuel pump on the left side. Bugger to see with the fender on and that's a bugger to take off. Might be the banjo fitting on what appears to be the fuel rail Might try to tighten that up a bit.
That turned out to be simple, but interesting. When I parked it, the leak seemed to stop. That told me it was only leaking under pressure. Came inside and took a break for a while. Fuel tank was low, so when I went back out, I filled it first. Turned the key to start the engine see if I could find the leak under pressure. It wouldn't start. Tried to fire, but sputtered. It has never not started before, even in cold weather. Tried several more times, same thing, sputter a bit, but not catch. After about 6 or 8 tries, it finally started.

Didn't take long to find the stream of fuel spraying on the engine from the hose at the inlet to that banjo fitting. Luckily, there was enough hose (just barely) to nip it back an inch and remake it. But then the starting issue came back. Same thing, took several tries to get it going. After letting it sit for an hour or two while doing other things, I went back to it and it started easily, fired right up.

Only thing I can think of is air in the line that needed to be purged.

But why are fuel lines splitting? This is the second one, both right at the fittings. Looking at the short piece I cut off, the split is obvious. Do I need to consider replacing all of the fuel line? If so, what with? Braided?

Also, I still have the question about the Hydro Fluid I posted above.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,778  
Noticed another fuel leak though. Not sure where this one is, somewhere above the fuel pump on the left side. Bugger to see with the fender on and that's a bugger to take off. Might be the banjo fitting on what appears to be the fuel rail Might try to tighten that up a bit.
One last thought for now ....

This is a really, really stupid design. Both sides and the front grille with the headlights form a U dash to dash. You can't get either side panel off separately. And to get the whole U assembly off, you need to pull the hood. I'm considering taking it all off to see if there is a way to modify it, or maybe just leave it three separate parts, if they can be mounted securely, but independant of each other.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,779  
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,780  
Anyone else having trouble getting parts?

Bearing went out in my hub assembly and trashed most everything in there. I want to order a hub assembly but none are apparently available so I had to order individual parts.

Parts ordered a week or so ago. Dealer said they really didn't know when I could get the parts.

I emailed LS Tractor USA and asked if they could help me locate a hub assembly. Their response was I can't place individual order. Which I wasn't trying to do, I was trying to find the part in the system. I emailed back and explained further but haven't received a response.

I use this tractor constantly and really need repair parts.

04//15/21 update. Some of the parts came in yesterday!! Yeah!!!

Last edited: