What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,071  
That is exactly where it broke. Cleaned everything up with some gasoline dried it all out, little grinding, about 8 Muggy Weld rods, some 3/16 plate to reinforce everything, back in service and finish the hole in less than 24 hours.
Post up some after repair photos.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,072  
That is exactly where it broke. Cleaned everything up with some gasoline dried it all out, little grinding, about 8 Muggy Weld rods, some 3/16 plate to reinforce everything, back in service and finish the hole in less than 24 hours.
I've used that Muggy Weld in the past. Good stuff!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,073  
Not really, I repaired it myself, about $60 worth of specialty rods. If you look really closely you can see where some of the casting is pretty darn thin. But then that's why this tractor is $10,000 less than a comparably equipped green or orange tractor.
Still trying to understand the action that broke this. If you were lifting or prying a stump or rock with the backhoe, any downward force on the backhoe/tractor should have been placed on the stabilizers, were they not down far enough to take some weight off the rear tires?
If you were digging/pushing down with the boom/dipper, I would think the force would have just lifted the rear of the tractor with the force distributed through the subframe and to multiple points of the tractor.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,074  
Still trying to understand the action that broke this. If you were lifting or prying a stump or rock with the backhoe, any downward force on the backhoe/tractor should have been placed on the stabilizers, were they not down far enough to take some weight off the rear tires?
If you were digging/pushing down with the boom/dipper, I would think the force would have just lifted the rear of the tractor with the force distributed through the subframe and to multiple points of the tractor.
Stabilizers were all the way down with the rear tires off of the ground, bucket was all the way down with front tires off the ground. I'm not 100% sure when it snapped, I realized something was wrong when the bucket started jerking around, due to low hydraulic fluid.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,075  
Post up some after repair photos.
It's all put back together so really if you just scroll up and see the picture there with the big blue bracket, that is exactly what mine looks like now. The welds have all been ground down somewhat smoothish and painted, the plate I added on the bottom and the back are hidden by the big blue backhoe subframe bracket.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#2,077  
I still don't understand what we're looking at. Neither set of pictures shows a wide enough angle to see the whole issue. Maybe if somebody posted a picture of the subframe alone, or a parts diagram exploded view for that model machine.

My subframe doesn't attach to any portion of the transmission or three point system. It mounts to the tractor frame only. There really isn't anything to break in normal use.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,078  
I still don't understand what we're looking at. Neither set of pictures shows a wide enough angle to see the whole issue. Maybe if somebody posted a picture of the subframe alone, or a parts diagram exploded view for that model machine.

My subframe doesn't attach to any portion of the transmission or three point system. It mounts to the tractor frame only. There really isn't anything to break in normal use.
The subframe on yours is way different than the larger MT2 series. The big blue bracket in the picture is where the ladder type subframe mounts to the tractor (the subframe comes off with the BH).

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,079  
Stabilizers were all the way down with the rear tires off of the ground, bucket was all the way down with front tires off the ground. I'm not 100% sure when it snapped, I realized something was wrong when the bucket started jerking around, due to low hydraulic fluid.
Read your owners manual! You should NOT lift the rear tires or the front tires off the ground! By doing so, you now transferred all the weight of the tractor and all the stresses of digging to just those brackets.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,080  
The show at night come from the lights or the AR? I’m getting ready to install some lights too.
here's a pic of the lights , had a rain day to day so no work but added a wire mesh to protect the grill area today and added 880 lbs to my carry all for winter plowing .

Jake

JVhsy9U.jpg

yT7ibfz.jpg

i9KvoCu.jpg

LuJTxtP.jpg

c62qY2o.jpg

V08nSo6.jpg