What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,091  
and if you go to page 205 of this thread post #2044 shows a different toolbox I mounted on the side of the front end loader, that one cost about $50 with the bracket .
Like it a lot thanks for the tip - yeah I saw those 8N tool boxes even have them painted Ford Blue which should be close enough. I see you used that bracket but how did you attach the box - looks like you have 3 bolts there??

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,092  
@Avenger nice VID thanks for the tip, was thinking about a 50cal ammo box. Seen a few of them and yeah never used that step either. Your tractor looks exactly the same as mine.

No sure what the differences are between the XR and MT series but looking at them I dont see any diff cept I have a 3rd remote and the I got a handle and control for the 3pt hitch. hope you got yours straightened out. It's pretty handy fer sure when hooking up implements. Not sure I'd be able to live without it tbh. It was extremely helpful when setting up and cutting down the drive shaft for the tiller. Pheeeew that was a pita to fit and cut.

The MT3 series is the updated version of the XR41 series. Pretty much the same with some updates, like 3rd remote standard, and a few others.
The lever did get ironed out. I use it all the time! Very handy.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,093  
Like it a lot thanks for the tip - yeah I saw those 8N tool boxes even have them painted Ford Blue which should be close enough. I see you used that bracket but how did you attach the box - looks like you have 3 bolts there??
Here is a picture of my homemade bracket attached to the toolbox with 3 bolts, the bracket lowers the box enough to clear opening the window and allow the toolbox to open properly. There are two washers on each of those bolts between the homemade bracket and the toolbox to allow the toolbox cover to open properly. The two top holes are drilled to match the bracket that came as standard equipment on the tractor, I’m not sure exactly what the intended use of the bracket was but I’m sure it wasn’t for a SMV sign because there is a separate bracket for that on my tractor.
I believe the bolts that screw into the tractor bracket are 7mm metric bolts. The three bolts that attach the homemade bracket to the toolbox are just 1/4 inch stove bolts. Mounting the toolbox was a pretty easy but time consuming project.

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,094  
For some reason The pictures didn’t show up in the last post so hopefully they will show here.
sorry I don’t know why but I can’t get the pictures to post here tonight
hopefully the pictures show up properly this time ………
1635825213222.jpeg

1635825305255.jpeg

1635839331552.jpeg

1635839424895.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,095  
Was actually last weekend but one of the BH sticks was a little difficult to move at one extreme so I pulled the boots off and cleaned it all up good and packed it full of grease so it's back to moving really well again. I also added tie wraps to the boots at the top. I also finally corrected the hoses for the stabilizers at the valve.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,096  
I added LED lighting to my ROP bar. Since my MT125 is only a year old, I didn’t want to do any drilling or wire splicing. I am currently using the 12v power plug(cigarette lighter) as my power source. I added a switch in a project box mounted to my Caution sign bracket. I used u-bolts and a one inch square tube to mount the lights. Later on when the tractor is past warranty, I will tap into A switched power source and add another switch (there are two blanks on the dash) so I can run my front and rear lights separately.
IMG_1894.JPG
IMG_1895.JPG
IMG_1893.JPG

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,097  
I added LED lighting to my ROP bar....
Looks good! LED light cubes or bars really are on a different level of lighting.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,098  
You guys do a great job with the lights.
I avoid the issue by not working after dark

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,099  
You guys do a great job with the lights.
I avoid the issue by not working after dark

I don’t want to do any work at night either. I will use this winter to plow snow day or night.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,100  
I don’t want to do any work at night either. I will use this winter to plow snow day or night.

I plow 15-20 rural drives beginning at 0400h. LED lighting (110w front, 110w rear) turns night into day and makes the job MUCH easier.