What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,191  
Changed my cab steering column out for one that is for an open station model. Raises the steering wheel 1 1/2 inches.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,192  
Changed my cab steering column out for one that is for an open station model. Raises the steering wheel 1 1/2 inches.
Interesting idea. How much did it cost, and how involved was it?

I've always felt the steering wheel on my XR4145HC was too low.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,193  
Interesting idea. How much did it cost, and how involved was it?

I've always felt the steering wheel on my XR4145HC was too low.
It cost me around $130. You have to take all the plastic off the dash to get to everything. This is not covered in the service manual so it took a while to figure it out as I went. The hardest part was getting a rubber boot off the old column and putting it on the new one.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,194  
It cost me around $130. You have to take all the plastic off the dash to get to everything. This is not covered in the service manual so it took a while to figure it out as I went. The hardest part was getting a rubber boot off the old column and putting it on the new one.
Good to know. Thanks!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,195  
Defective bell housing ? Never heard that before, is that a common problem ?
It is for a select group of serial numbers.
LS tried to cut some cost by casting the bell housing with a finer grade of sand , there for eliminating the machine process on the mating surfaces. On or about 200 hrs a large oil leak develops . There is a recall on demand if this happens.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,196  
Where are effected serial numbers listed?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,198  
I installed a Titian thumb and a pair of hooks on the bucket. Two very handy upgrades.

Attachments

• 84D3EA48-1EE8-43C0-9241-838EE2785CD5.jpeg
    84D3EA48-1EE8-43C0-9241-838EE2785CD5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
  • 83D4399C-1BE5-4162-B9EF-C4B8C8A3C175.jpeg
    83D4399C-1BE5-4162-B9EF-C4B8C8A3C175.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,199  
If you havent seen it yet. I got off my butt and made a new video. @PCABE5 sent me the new joystick, which is absolutely awesome! I paired it with the Short Line Curved Stem which brought the joystick back a bit. Looks good, feel great, and functions better!

Hooked up to the grapple to start burning a slash pile, and the grapple wouldnt close. Tracked the issue to the control board, specifically a relay on the board. Called WR Long, but their warranty ran out months ago. Ordered a new board and got it back up and running.

Now I just got to replace the rear glass and my tractor will be back to full operational status!

Now that Spring has sprung and the ground is drying out, time to get back out there.

Check out the new video and let me know what you think.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,200  
Put about 20 hours on my M225e over the last few weeks, starting a pole barn build. Most of the time was on the backhoe, digging post holes, but also moved about 15 tons of gravel, similar amount of clay spoils from the holes, positioned a bunch of 18' and 20' posts, used the bucket to mix cement two bags at a time, and then some clean up grading.

A tractor with a backhoe is a very handy multi-tool. It's not as good as a skidsteer for grading and moving earth. It can't compete with an excavator for digging chores. But it does a bit of everything, and is a huge time and labor saver. Very enjoyable seat time on this project.