What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,261  
Very nice, Mike. Any link for info?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,262  
Very nice, Mike. Any link for info?
I bought it from Amazon.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,263  
Picked up a load of limbs with pallet forks and burned the pile.

CT

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#2,264  
Postulating .....

I'm within striking distance of paying this thing off. If I keep on my current schedule, I'll be done by next March at the latest. I could kick it up another few bucks a month and be done by December. I could just pay the balance, but that would be a knock on the checking account.

But I just got some 'convenience checks' in the mail from one of my CCs. 4% fee on whatever amount I use, but no interest until 7/23.

Interest rate on the loan is 2.74 which should be going to 3.24 in the next few days due to the Fed Hike. At the new rate, the monthly interest will be around $10-15/mo, or about $100-$120 if I run until March. Balance transfer fee would be in the $75-80 range.

Is the $25-30 (or so) savings worth the transaction? The bonus is that I could cut my monthly obligation in half and have another few months to pay it off with no interest.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,265  
Personally, if you could swing it, pay it off in full now. Things might be tight this month, but you'll save you entire payment next month. Being debt free is amazing! Especially in these times. But that's your money and your situation, not mine.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,266  
I got a call from the New Holland dealership Saturday, said that my rear glass window has finally come in! Got it installed last night with the help of a friend. Its so nice to have a full enclosed cab again, and not worry about tarping the tractor anymore! Only took about 9 weeks for the glass to come in! :cautious:

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,267  
I'm with avenger. The best kind of interest is the type you earn, not pay. Whether you are paying a lot, or a little after refinancing/moving things around, at the end of the day you are still paying interest. Do yourself a favor and pay it off.

Think of it this way, if you pay it off now your checking account may be a little light in the near term. But, all things being equal, your checking account will be a lot FULLER come next year, than if you keep making payments on it until then.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,268  
Have to agree with RSR and Avenger. A few years ago we made the decision to get everything paid off and I restructured our budget accordingly. A few months were rather tight, but they passed and we survived. Of course we will never be completely debt free due to things like property taxes, now our biggest obligation. So as a result when wife’s new BX is ready to be delivered I get to write a check because this past year I’ve been able to save that money. So end of this week or next wife will have a shiny new BX, savings account much smaller, but no obligatory payments in future. Can I say it’s a nice feeling?

For those curious as to why the Bx, there is another thread detailing how the BX ended up a better buy then MT125 by a significant amount.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,269  
Today mine is serving duty as the most expensive saw horse I have ever seen, but those pallet forks are so quick!
Also, I need to figure out why my 3-point won’t drop. The adjustment knob is backed all the way off )it actually came out, which makes me think it’s not actually backing the adjustment out). I am wondering if I loctite it and put it back on if it will hold?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,270  
Today mine is serving duty as the most expensive saw horse I have ever seen, but those pallet forks are so quick!
Also, I need to figure out why my 3-point won’t drop. The adjustment knob is backed all the way off )it actually came out, which makes me think it’s not actually backing the adjustment out). I am wondering if I loctite it and put it back on if it will hold?
The 3 point knob actually doesn't turn anything..... as you screw it in or out, it regulates the size of the passage for the oil.

DO NOT LOCTITE IT! Do you have any weight on the 3 point? They won't go down without any weight on it.

Do you have any remotes.... if one of those is moved, it will also stop the 3 point.