What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,401  
Neighbor dropped this off a couple days ago. A Gearmore (60 in?), he just got with the Used Deere he got. Already has a larger disc harrow. I have a couple of fields that the farmers left riddled with furrows I’d like to smooth out some, but without tearing up. Never used one before, so learning process and open to suggestions.

IMG_1009.JPG

May trade for it if it proves useful.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,402  
Sodamo, hook it up to your tractor and lift it up. Spin the disc Gangs if they spin freely with no bind the bearings are good. Grease the bearings if you can and go disc.If they spin stiff or with a bind, prolly got a a bad bearing somewhere. It will still work, but just prolonging or creating more damage.

Play with the angles when using it. To bury old furrows you mentioned, it may not take an aggressive angle or it may.

Make sure both front and back Gangs are touching on flat ground with the top link also.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,403  
Looks like a nice little 3point disk ! Those notched front blades definitely help.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,404  
Thanks cycledude. I am anxious to really try it out once I get the new bearings in.

I was curious how the 16 inch disc would work, the notched fronts are Definitely the ticket for chopping and cutting heavier residue and soil.

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,405  
P.s it needs bearings.... For what the seller wanted for it, I'm still in good shape though😊

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,406  
What is making you think the bearings are shot ? to me it doesn’t look like it was ever used very much so I suspect the bearings will be fine. Pretty big job to replace the bearings.
I would like to have a nice little disk myself but I wouldn’t really have a lot of use for it and prices are to high right now.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,407  
When I try to turn 3 of the four disc Gangs, I have to push on the gang to get it to turn. Only one will spin freely with little effort.
I have a heavy 14 foot case offset disc that with a quick down push with your boot, both Gangs will spin quite effortlessly... new bearings a few years back. When this behemoth gets used alot, day in day out, he gets greased twice a day. Grease is cheap maintenance

I did see EA has gon to the 1-1/8 size shaft and bearings on newer manufactured discs. I suspect bearing issues may have been why. You can get the bigger bearing as a greasable bearing, the smaller 1" bearing I could not find a greasable bearing in that size, only sealed bearings.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,408  
Thanks for the tips SD

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,409  
Used my nice heavy duty 3 point Woods Dixie Cutter to cut a bunch of tall grass and brush a few days ago, everything went fine so when I was done I washed the tractor off with a garden hose and noticed this.
A piece of wood managed to get wedged between the bead and the rim, a very small amount of beet juice must have leaked out when it happened so I had to have a tire dealer come out to remove the wood. Cost me $190 but I’m very thankful the tire wasn’t ruined. When the wood was in there the bead was pushed in about 1/4 inch, the tire guy was surprised it didn’t keep leaking.
1687539030097.jpeg