What did you do on the first day of retirement?

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #31  
My retirement day will be April 6, 2018. My plan for that day is to come home and pretend it’s Saturday every day- neglected projects, the garden, woodpile, etc.

My planned retirement date is January 1, 2025. SWMBO says I am retiring no earlier than 2033. She's addicted to my income. And since she doesn't work...

p00562.500.jpg

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #32  
Maybe when I retire in the distant future I can find the time to finish my projects.

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #33  
Sept.2018 will mark ten years retired for me.Lucked out got to retire with full benefits at 58 years old.I had planned on retiring at 60.I started work full time at 19 and fortunately always had a job that had a retirement plan.I hit a 401K plan hard the last 8 years I worked also.
I started a small business in 2003 that keeps me as busy as "I"want to be.We have an uplands preserve and train bird dogs.Between that and working on the property I keep busy enough.
So;the secret to retirement is having something to keep you on your feet and be enjoyable.

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #34  
I took my watch off and spent an hour and one half eating breakfast instead of 20 mins. in vehicle on the way to work . I watched the yellow buses on the way to where I worked and wondered what dastardly deeds the boss had in mind for those like me who still remained . I do miss the occupants of the buses .

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #35  
Sold my business and quit /retired at 57. I'm now 59 and will be 60 in march.
I can't remember what if anything I did on my first day , but I can tell ya, till this date, I have not run out of things to do yet !

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #36  
The very first thing I did was to get an unlisted phone number. Eleven years later, that phone is still quiet. The stress just melted away and my blood pressure dropped to "normal".

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #37  
For those of you that retired early, did you announce it to tour friends? Have a little party that evening? Any special meeting at work resigning/retiring?

I am one year out from today and am wondering how I am going to go about it without pissing off a bunch of people.

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #38  
Tis better to be pissed off than on. This will be your retirement, why the worry?

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #39  
I am a number of years from that day but imagine I will get up as if it were a Saturday and do what I always do. Start with coffee. Work the property, do the honey dos, whatever needs to be done.... oh, and go fishing.

/ What did you do on the first day of retirement? #40  
What you do on the first day all depends on what is on your "to do" list assembled over the years and carried on a small notepad in your pocket. If no list, you won't do anything on the first day. If a list, there are lots of choices poking to the foreground.

I once asked an old timer MD friend of mine which people, all things considered, ten to live the longest. After we were done chuckling about it he very seriously said he believes that those people with a list of things to get done and the will to do it have always surprised him in longevity.

So first, make a list.