What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #281  
DupuyDog ask for a couple of pics of my home made canopy, so here they are. Nothing fancy, just functional.

Canopy 1.JPG
Canopy 2.JPG

Just took a golf cart top and supports ($20), welded a gusset on each side, attached top to brackets, and attached to ROPS. Painted the top white to reflect the hot sun, and underside tractor red. Then mounted the top "backwards" so that the rain gutters flow out the front of the canopy, rather than the rear, and consequently, down my back.

I'm not one to work in the rain, but in a heavy sprinkle it works great. Good sunshade too!

Sorry I didn't post this sooner...wife had major back surgery, and I've been playing "Mr Mom".

:confused2:

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #282  
DupuyDog ask for a couple of pics of my home made canopy, so here they are. Nothing fancy, just functional.

View attachment 555951
View attachment 555952

Just took a golf cart top and supports ($20), welded a gusset on each side, attached top to brackets, and attached to ROPS. Painted the top white to reflect the hot sun, and underside tractor red. Then mounted the top "backwards" so that the rain gutters flow out the front of the canopy, rather than the rear, and consequently, down my back.

I'm not one to work in the rain, but in a heavy sprinkle it works great. Good sunshade too!

Sorry I didn't post this sooner...wife had major back surgery, and I've been playing "Mr Mom".

:confused2:

Wow! Looks great! Thanks for the post.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #283  
What are you swinging back there? Doesn't the pin shear? Apparently not. Haven't experienced that with my 6500 and Rhino cutter. And, I've swung it hard in and out of creeks and gullies. I have mine adjusted to a maximum swing of about 6".

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #284  
:drink:

Last edited:
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #285  
Took a job back filling behind a pool wall. Any water from the hill will get redirected to either side. The owner is putting in a plant bed with bark mulch 6ft from the wall. He's extending some drains so he can put up a pergola.

Also moved 2 ton of rocks into position for him. The truck couldn't make it up the driveway. That distance would have been rough for anyone.

20180526_124901.jpg

20180526_124833.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #286  
I did the below yesterday, today I cleaned some zerks on the backhoe that weren't excepting grease and then greased it.

I'm thinking that I pulled 5-7 stumps today, nothing huge but the last stump picture took some time.I did get about four bucket loads of sand to help fill a couple of holes.

All the stumps I pulled will give us a clear trail through that area for the tractor,truck and the rhino. We're having a new garage put up so we cleared this area.

101_1479.JPG101_1480.JPG101_1481.JPG101_1482.JPG101_1483.JPG101_1484.JPG101_1485.JPG

Last edited:
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #288  
In the early 80's I made a swing set for my kids. Last year I sold the property the swing set was on so I moved it to the new property. Finally getting around to setting it up for the grandkids. Problem was, the tractor wouldn't reach high enough to set it up so I improvised. I didn't have enough pallets to stack on the forks so I turned the forks upside down on the mast and stacked pallets on them. Barely made it high enough.

IMG_1008.JPG IMG_1009.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #289  
The day started getting rid of the roots before I filled back in two holes and then I dug out one stump. The stump that I dug out today won't be near the garage floor so I can get rid of the bigger roots or even throw them back in the hole before I fill it in.

Tomorrow the 4540 will need some fuel and since it's dusty in the work area, I'll clean the air filter.

Attachments

• 101_1492.JPG
    101_1492.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #290  
Did the 50 hour service today. Even washed it when I was done.