Friday I helped a neighbor spread about 100 tons of 2A on his driveway.
Took about 4 hours. Got paid a sandwich, which is fine, I did it to be nice, more than anything else.
My replacement pole barn got built Wed-Thur. Replaced a 24x40x10 with a 30x50x12. SO MUCH more space.
The building has two 10x10 garage doors. I did this, so I could put my tractor in one slot and my excavator in the other slot. With a little finesse, I can put both in one slot, leaving me a lot more room than I thought I would have. Very excited to start filling this building up.
It was used to rear down a deck this morning. This afternoon I'll move some pea gravel from where the deck used to be and spread it somewhere else. Tomorrow or the next day I'll dig some foundation trenches. After that, back into hibernation.
Just finished up about 3.5 hours of seat time, by aerating/plugging about 2 acres where the ground was either hard pan, or was previously washed out and I filled it in last week. Then I put down 100# of pasture grass seed and then used a spike tooth (turned upside down) to cover the seed with about 1/4" if soil.
Next week I've got a guy coming with a grain drill, that will reseed the same areas with bermuda, and hopefully that will take care of my bare areas.
Still have to dig a drainage ditch on one of the property lines, and scrape up a bunch of silt that came down from adjacent property owners after the 3 weeks of rain we've had. If the rain stays away, that's the weekend project.
And I got the use my home-made diesel filling station for the first time today. Works great, and no more heavy lifting of 5 gallon diesel cans. Pretty simple (has to be for me ). Just a 250 gallon plastic "tote" enclosed with an aluminum cage, and a 12v elec fuel pump. Installed a 12v power port in the rear of the tractor, so I plug the fuel pump into that, hit the toggle switch, and fill-'er-up.
Next major project, after the ditch is my 500 hour service.
I used the backhoe to dig up some concrete footing. I was surprised the FEL could pick the big one up. It must have been about a half a yard of concrete in that thing. I spent the rest of the day trying to level the site a bit before the new deck goes up and building up the edge before the big slope off for a little more flat working room and space to put up a scaffold. It's right on the edge of a steep slope. Besides it gave me a little more wiggle room to move the tractor for digging the foundation trenches. I don't much cotton to that tippy stuff.