What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #841  
Did a little landscape rake work, first time using one on a tractor was the other day, needed to clean it up a bit. Taking a little figuring to get the right levels for different materials and what not, but getting there!
Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.40.21 PM.png

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #842  
Thanks!
The headlights are going to be H4 LED conversion bulbs, one of the cheap-ish companies on Amazon sells them called 'Beamtech'.
They have good reviews for as cheap as they are. We shall see.
The marker lights look to be 1156 and 97, so I ordered some of those to try. Unsure if they are correct, but again Amazon specials so I wont be out much if not.
My tail lights are broke so I didnt even bother looking for those.
Iam on my phone or I'd try to find the links to those bulbs.

Other gadgets: more lights! Something on the loader since it blocks the headlights. Maybe an under hood light, not sure yet.

1tandem glad to hear you are wearing out those pacemakers. Keep it up!

Apologies, this lazy reply is without going out and looking at tractor. Are the 97’s the red markers? My right rear is out and wanna just upgrade all of them. Just installed an aux led by using a heavy duty magnet so I can remove it easily and so it’ll get knocked off instead of broken if hit hard enuf. I’m still playing with he idea of building a wooden frame that goes over the top of rop cover/shade via a pulley for easy removal too

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #843  
Started dragging my trails this afternoon with my little 1526. Finish up cutting/splitting/stacking my firewood for the Winter of '21. Will re-level and cover it after it settles for a few days. Wood on the right is for next winter. Each pile a little over 44' long and a boot 5' high of 18" Chigurh Maple. Life is GOOD .... !!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0817 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0817 (Large).jpeg
    856.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0818 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0818 (Large).jpeg
    715.6 KB · Views: 81
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #844  
That's an awesome amount of work you've done. I could be wrong, I often am, but wouldn't it be better to have your drag chain attached to the draw bar that is underneath your rear axle? The 3-point hitch is more convenient and may be low enough to avoid a backflip in the unlikely event the drag hung on a snag, but that kind of thing always makes me nervous. Stay well, my friends.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #845  
That's an awesome amount of work you've done. I could be wrong, I often am, but wouldn't it be better to have your drag chain attached to the draw bar that is underneath your rear axle? The 3-point hitch is more convenient and may be low enough to avoid a backflip in the unlikely event the drag hung on a snag, but that kind of thing always makes me nervous. Stay well, my friends.

Yup, but I go slow and my trails are in real nice shape .. Just trying to get the leaves and other winter krap off them..... If I was dragging something faster where I would have to worry a boot snagging something/flip'n, I'd be on the draw bar. STAY SAFE .... [ live long and prosper ... !!!!!!!!!!!!! ]

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #846  
Field in front of the house fronts the road. It's about 5 acres. I usually cut it with the 6 foot bush hog on the Ford 4000. The cut isn't very pretty, but it gets the job done quickly. Yesterday I decided to try doing it with the Mahindra 2615 that has a Bush Hog branded Razor Back 4 ft cutter. It took a while longer. The result almost looked like a manicured lawn. What a difference.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #847  
Field in front of the house fronts the road. It's about 5 acres. I usually cut it with the 6 foot bush hog on the Ford 4000. The cut isn't very pretty, but it gets the job done quickly. Yesterday I decided to try doing it with the Mahindra 2615 that has a Bush Hog branded Razor Back 4 ft cutter. It took a while longer. The result almost looked like a manicured lawn. What a difference.

I did some cutting the other day with a new rotary cutter and it left stripes in my field! Was impressed.

I think the trick to rotary cutting is to go slow and you can get a real nice cut, most people are just doing the shores and want to see it done and it doesn't look as nice IMO. I understand it, but the rotary cutter can do nice work if done slow enough.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #849  
jerry - i am so low on weed this year due to access to it - I am most envious. wish i ad some of it. nice!

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #850  
jerry - i am so low on weed this year due to access to it - I am most envious. wish i ad some of it. nice!
Trees are just big weeds. I'd wack more down but don't have 'nuff burn pile area cleared for the tops. Plus, don't like to cut when it is hot or when the hummers/birds are nesting. Just made another one that I have to stump when I get my excavator going SOON. I burn early winter after the snow gets deep enough to make it pretty safe.