What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #431  
Here we are digging post holes for cedar line posts.
Faithful Rat Terrier Spunky is digging a hole of her own looking for a gopher.

aPz8DglaEYCnzIcuwtYNYmDt6gRpKokf4MBhJExZiZOOwzoMSV-tla3LG-vmBTKxwjQtsILbnD_SsQapcB-MeZuGLGKJVMpOLrrnqjOjJiTF_wraPRBobRUIq4HB04vh5CE9dm0mbQyBseEgrEDQkJEIBtWDaSSDCYXXaADYAF6ex_WGnWtdAYQg88GO8AtaDwhQidmb4C72oc-F2JDZVdR0lF_Cd235m66RNCpjkPZj8yFv3LvSFS4MWf1vJcsrEpTi8YnrIQVUI4itf8aAoVx4gX-CielLzGfWoRBt0SWhjH1fYcNqex2jSjKXWCIn_dn_QADLhnM2SM6iaEO0YWww0utsUGPexy7CWdXOjhZ3iTDO1ItRtZxD_KO6lDNqAbdDxl4DdXC3ZgMkRpKpL9nJYW2IzTw4hwlMyCmDxwJXR55I8ky_ob0hmxxIxYcnjA11m-OVL_8UCbBuplTiY-veL5zSmQoK0djuy0uXBfaNQz2uSimPUmJRz9bAlEN0ZYfpO5N6TpGBP5o7S1mj6GdW_KGCQ5DrBf-MjNZhsR2VvHUi7-ODOnj1LQQByMMq_WKA_9WlOH4RgwgQBIp9RhQ0RxhETLxomdW-Wu2qFA0K-3B_H4ykK_PHkAe6H58jCapsx2XB53Z5QJGxdMA2Et2b-w=w500-no-tmp.jpg

Attachments

• aPz8DglaEYCnzIcuwtYNYmDt6gRpKokf4MBhJExZiZOOwzoMSV-tla3LG-vmBTKxwjQtsILbnD_SsQapcB-MeZuGLGKJVMpO.jpg
    aPz8DglaEYCnzIcuwtYNYmDt6gRpKokf4MBhJExZiZOOwzoMSV-tla3LG-vmBTKxwjQtsILbnD_SsQapcB-MeZuGLGKJVMpO.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 93
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #432  
Took my 1526 way out back to hopefully do a final leveling on the winter of '19 stack of wood. Use it with the flashers/beacon on so I don't look like venison to some idiot hunter that maybe had wandered into our area. On the end, you will see a recently customized 4' level that I have permanently donated to the wood stacking area after some idiot tractor operator backed over it with his trailer. As you can see, most of our snow is gone. Pile is about 35' long and almost 5' high, cut into 18" lengths. Covered it this year with tar paper. Last years pile was covered with plastic, like usual. The snow last year created about a 3' pile on top that acted like a sail. One windy day the sail blew over and took about the top foot of wood with it. So, I am done with the plastic experiment and on to new ones....

That's quite a stack of wood Jerry. That's also one big snow pusher. I'm guessing that, with a wet snow like we just got, combined with no tire chains, your 1526 loses traction pretty quickly. With powdery snow it's probably not an issue.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #433  
Here we are digging post holes for cedar line posts.
Faithful Rat Terrier Spunky is digging a hole of her own looking for a gopher.

aPz8DglaEYCnzIcuwtYNYmDt6gRpKokf4MBhJExZiZOOwzoMSV-tla3LG-vmBTKxwjQtsILbnD_SsQapcB-MeZuGLGKJVMpOLrrnqjOjJiTF_wraPRBobRUIq4HB04vh5CE9dm0mbQyBseEgrEDQkJEIBtWDaSSDCYXXaADYAF6ex_WGnWtdAYQg88GO8AtaDwhQidmb4C72oc-F2JDZVdR0lF_Cd235m66RNCpjkPZj8yFv3LvSFS4MWf1vJcsrEpTi8YnrIQVUI4itf8aAoVx4gX-CielLzGfWoRBt0SWhjH1fYcNqex2jSjKXWCIn_dn_QADLhnM2SM6iaEO0YWww0utsUGPexy7CWdXOjhZ3iTDO1ItRtZxD_KO6lDNqAbdDxl4DdXC3ZgMkRpKpL9nJYW2IzTw4hwlMyCmDxwJXR55I8ky_ob0hmxxIxYcnjA11m-OVL_8UCbBuplTiY-veL5zSmQoK0djuy0uXBfaNQz2uSimPUmJRz9bAlEN0ZYfpO5N6TpGBP5o7S1mj6GdW_KGCQ5DrBf-MjNZhsR2VvHUi7-ODOnj1LQQByMMq_WKA_9WlOH4RgwgQBIp9RhQ0RxhETLxomdW-Wu2qFA0K-3B_H4ykK_PHkAe6H58jCapsx2XB53Z5QJGxdMA2Et2b-w=w500-no-tmp.jpg

Spunky is doing a great job -- hopefully he doesn't dig up any of those nasty Texas fire ant nests!

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #434  
That's quite a stack of wood Jerry. That's also one big snow pusher. I'm guessing that, with a wet snow like we just got, combined with no tire chains, your 1526 loses traction pretty quickly. With powdery snow it's probably not an issue.

I only use it to dress the drive early in the winter and for light snowfall. I break out the blower for the big stuff. I have a set of chains for it, but too lazy to install same...

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #435  
you know its a wonder anyone in my generation made it to adulthood. i rode on the tractor with my father many times sometimes one on each fender. it was that or walk miles to the house. oh and i and my brothers rode in the back of a pickup truck! can you believe it? we even at times set on the tailgate while my father drove down the road! and we all lived to tell about it. was it safe, no! but it was life. i guess we could have all stayed in a little square in the middle of a room all our childhood and been more safe.

Well put Firebird -- I think it comes down to "different strokes for different folks". The risks of "extra riders" on a tractor are far lower when the driver and riders are of the "responsible persuasion", compared to the risks when they're not.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #436  
sorry about the little rant people. i just get tire of the p.c. stuff sometimes. seems like everyone knows what better for us then we ourselves do.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #437  
Just got done loading it up on the trailer, its going to the dealer tomorrow. The engine sounds like it wants to come apart, so I think I'm looking a some major down time. It has been getting louder and louder over the last few weeks, I thought it was a fuel issue because I had to change where I get my fuel. I changed the oil this past weekend and found a lot of metal shavings and some big flakes on the drain plugs. I don't know if this would have anything to do with it,but at the 500 hour service the tech at the dealer installed the wrong oil filer. The new parts person at the dealer said the part number goes to a 4540 not a 2555. I think someone has some explaining to do!!! I'll update as this progresses.

Last edited:
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #438  
Glrret hope there is no damage to the motor, at least it is on the dealer, but that doesn't help your situation. curious to see what is the problem or conclusion.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #439  
After it stopped raining this afternoon, I removed the slush from our driveway.

In pictures 2083 & 84 we have a few small trees down across the brook where the ice did damage last winter. Off the bank on our side, the water is up to my waist so if I can't pull them out from our side then I call my neighbor who usually lets us do it from her side.

The rest of the pictures are from going back in the woods to a certain point, the trail could've been worse.
101_2083.JPG101_2082.JPG101_2084.JPG101_2085.JPG101_2086.JPG101_2087.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #440  
For anyone ever wondering about buying a thumb for a Bradco 485, a Bradco 490 thumb is 100% interchangeable. I installed one today and it fit like it was made for it.

Having been a 2012 model and never having a thumb, the pin holes on the arm were a little rusty.

IMG_20181202_140703.jpg

A little hit with a little sanding wheel polished the rust away for a clean fit.

IMG_20181202_140625.jpg

A little grease to keep that from happening again. Everything else slid together so quick and easy I didn't take any other pics until it was together.

IMG_20181202_145435.jpg

Had time to do some testing on a tree that was down. Sectioned the tree up and used my grapple to tote some logs over near the splitter, used the new thumb to hold individual sections of logs while sectioning woodstove sized lengths to run through the splitter. Also used the new thumb to gently place the heavier sections on the splitter.

The "action shot":

IMG_20181202_153041.jpg

Much more handy than a pocket in a shirt! :thumbsup: