what do i need to know before buying a used mini

/ what do i need to know before buying a used mini #11  
A few years ago I bought a used KX121 from my local dealer. He told me to get in and operate it..but don't look at the hour meter.
So I took it out and played with it in his ears. It ran and operated silky smooth..and the price was right.. I think I paid 16,500 ish.
It has 6300 one owner operator hours on it and a stack of maintenance records that came with it. What I find is that I use it about 20-30 hours a year now..mainly because it gets things done so fast. Back when I bought it, it needed tracks..and still does..I guess. But for the limited use it gets..I don't see the need now. Having a AC and heated cab is great as well as a thumb. ..There are machines out there that are a good deal..you may just need to be patient and wait for the right one to pop up.

/ what do i need to know before buying a used mini #12  
I bought a 2006 KX41 for $14,000 and had to put new tracks on it. It has a thumb.
It was about the best $14k I ever spent.
But I wish I had a 6 or 7,000 lb machine.
Except for when it's just fine, then I'm glad it is so easy to tow (F150).
In the Pacific Northwest, they sell for a lot.
$14k is a good deal.
I heard lots of talk about under $10k for a 2ton mini-mini.
It was talk, I looked for 2 years.
I'd buy a 6,000 hour KX121 in a heartbeat for 16,500 but they are like 24k here in the PNW.
A couple Deere 35G sold recently at auction for 34k.
If I had a KX121 I'd take it to the grave with me.

/ what do i need to know before buying a used mini #13  
I own five machines with rubber tracks. They really are not that hard to change and are not that expensive. A set of mini excavator tracks might be $1,500? Not as cheap as a tire but not really a deal breaker on a 20k machine. The main bearing would be my main concern on an excavator. The one the entire machine rotates around on. Pins, bushings, undercarriage can all be fixed relatively easily. We replaced a final drive on a 10 ton machine in the field where it broke with limited tools in about four hours.

/ what do i need to know before buying a used mini
I own five machines with rubber tracks. They really are not that hard to change and are not that expensive. A set of mini excavator tracks might be $1,500? Not as cheap as a tire but not really a deal breaker on a 20k machine. The main bearing would be my main concern on an excavator. The one the entire machine rotates around on. Pins, bushings, undercarriage can all be fixed relatively easily. We replaced a final drive on a 10 ton machine in the field where it broke with limited tools in about four hours.

How does one evaluate the condition of the main bearing?

/ what do i need to know before buying a used mini #15  
You push the boom into the ground while watching for play in it.

Also the pic of the track you posted that has damage inside is just from the track coming off. A small rock in the right place on a semi loose track can make this happen.