What do you do with your forks?

/ What do you do with your forks? #71  
Very creative set of forks. Good job!

Thanks! Previous owner walled that door in on the inside of the house long before we thought about buying it so they weren't needed. Just a nuisance as having 2 front doors confused visitors and delivery people, AND I had to maintain a railing on it for "safety reasons" for my insurance. :rolleyes: Since 2 of the 4 steps were missing my FIL cut some planks and made a railing to pass inspection before we closed in 2006, and that was falling apart now. Why rebuild it when we didn't need the darn thing? Only problem was I never got motivated to get a wagon, pick, shovel, sledge, and maybe the air chisel out to deal with it by hand. Within maybe a week of getting the tractor I took the whole set of steps down with the tractor in maybe half an hour, including trips to the backyard to dump debris, and taking pics. :D A buddy of mine said a 12"x"12"x1" stone weighs around 14lbs I think, so we estimated those suckers at 300lbs each. Which was another reason I never got around to doing it by hand..... How the heck was I going to wrestle them up into the bed of my truck to haul out back??? :eek:

Those forks under the leading edge were enough to pop the mortar loose so I could roll/rock/pivot/slide them onto the forks. Then lift and carry them to the fire pit where I have a 2' wide bench to set both of them on without getting off the tractor! Used it again to lift them up and set them down on some of the larger pine sections in the other pic to make benches for the fire pit.

I've also thrown fencing, posts, and tools across them when doing a goat/chicken pen out behind the barn. The number of uses I've had for them really makes me think about converting to QA of some sort on the front. Might be the excuse I need to buy that plasma cutter I've been wanting. ;)

/ What do you do with your forks?
Anyone familiar with the products made by....Jery at MYTRACTORTOOLS.COM?

He makes a set of forks that fit both the front loader and the 3 point hitch-looks interesting.

He also makes a quick hitch system and several other attachments, etc..

Hoping someone has seen his work and has some first hand experience they can share.

/ What do you do with your forks? #73  
Anyone familiar with the products made by....Jery at MYTRACTORTOOLS.COM?

He makes a set of forks that fit both the front loader and the 3 point hitch-looks interesting.

He also makes a quick hitch system and several other attachments, etc..

Hoping someone has seen his work and has some first hand experience they can share.

No, but now I want the QA for my massey! :licking: :hyper: And my wallet hates you now.

Too funny!

Looks real interesting, and well designed. He has a point about the ssaq equipment on smaller tractors.
SSQA is heavy for our small capacity tractors and cuts into the net capacity of work we will be able to do.
Never thought of it that way.:mur:
I am waiting to hear back from him to get more details and pricing.

/ What do you do with your forks? #75  
Too funny!

Looks real interesting, and well designed. He has a point about the ssaq equipment on smaller tractors.
SSQA is heavy for our small capacity tractors and cuts into the net capacity of work we will be able to do.
Never thought of it that way.:mur:
I am waiting to hear back from him to get more details and pricing.

Yeah, the weight part makes sense. The big thing to me is having to cut 4 brackets off the bucket and weld a $250 or whatever plate onto the bucket, in addition the adapter for the loader arms. Installation would be a heck of a lot easier, and the receiver would be great to move my trailer around with. I emailed him as well asking about the Massey QA, and he replied back with a price of $799 plus shipping. It'll be ready "very soon".

Did you place your order? Let me know what you think about their QA product.

/ What do you do with your forks? #77  
Did you place your order? Let me know what you think about their QA product.

No, they're not ready yet. So I guess I'll have to keep watching his site to see when, or check with him over the summer. Gives me some time to set some money aside I suppose.

/ What do you do with your forks? #78  
Unloading newly sandblasted, primed, painted 3-point boom.

image-3434975486.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ What do you do with your forks? #79  
"I lift things up and put them down"
Pallet forks are my favorite attachment

ForumRunner_20150103_001016.jpg

ForumRunner_20150103_001054.jpg

ForumRunner_20150103_001142.jpg

ForumRunner_20150103_001212.jpg

ForumRunner_20150103_001307.jpg

ForumRunner_20150103_001341.jpg

ForumRunner_20150103_001919.jpg

ForumRunner_20150103_001418.jpg

I'll let you guess how the box blade came out.
ForumRunner_20150103_001457.jpg

/ What do you do with your forks? #80