What do you Use to Tow your Trailer?

/ What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #1  

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Deere 4320 eHydro w/400X FEL and Unloaded R4's
Hi All,
I want to buy (or make) a 3 point hitch trailer hitch. I know the Everything Attachments has one the looks pretty good. I will be towing things that weigh up to 5,000 pounds. But that is the total weight. If the tongue weight is only 500 pounds, i imagine that since my 3 point hitch and lift 2,500 , it will have no problem. I am in between buying on or trying to make on with some help. So we do you all use?? Pictures are appreciated:thumbsup:

/ What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #2  
I just took a drawbar and welded a hitch receiver to the top of it. Then welded the same size square tubing on either side of it to the receiver and to the drawbar. Then welded more of the same up for the top link.

Looks like the yellow one on everythingattachments with a drawbar under it for the lower hitch arms and none of the gussets.

/ What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #3  
Why not use the tractor's drawbar? Probably safer just to rig the ball there. Just make sure your tractor can handle 500# of tongue weight (it'll be in your manual).

/ What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #4  
I made a Thing to attach to the the three point. It just stayed on most of the time.:D

Picture shows it all. Lots similar have been made by folks on here.:D

Attachments

• hitch.JPG
    hitch.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 257
   / What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #5  
I have also been thinking about making one to move my gooseneck around. Not really going far with it, just that it would be easier (for where I park it) to use the tractor instead of the truck.

/ What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #6  
Why not use the tractor's drawbar? Probably safer just to rig the ball there. Just make sure your tractor can handle 500# of tongue weight (it'll be in your manual).

seems like the drawbar would roll without the piece going up to the top link, jambing the ball in the trailer's hitch.

/ What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #7  
I use this home-made one, along with my front quick hitch.

Attachments

• IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 189
   / What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #8  
If I had an FEL I'd have it there BUT I don't so I put mine on the most used implement I've made. Pic is below. Since the pic I've also mounted one on the very top (2 5/16") to move my gooseneck.

Attachments

• SD530764.jpg
    SD530764.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 131
  • SD530765.jpg
    SD530765.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 124
   / What do you Use to Tow your Trailer?

Roy,
The trailer is a towable Genie man-lift, that drives it's self. I want to be able to lower the hitch under the lift and lift it up into the hitch. its alot more simple and having to deal with the jack.

/ What do you Use to Tow your Trailer? #10  
Make something for your 3pth that has a 2" receiver on it. Then you can just pop in a drawbar with whichever sized ball you need. I normally just leave a 1 7/8 ball in place unless i have a loaded trailer with a bigger ball that might want to pop off on my hills.
I can also stick a winch, tow hook etc into the receiver. The thing I made weighs about 400lbs due to some weights bolted to the bottom and adds a bit of ballast as well. It also has a box frame on the inside (between the tractor and bar)that can hold tools, chain etc
I also have receivers on some of my FEL attachments. These give me a front boom