What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #301  
One of the uses for my forks is to move rocks, small rocks. We have a lot of rocks on the property. I got tired of handling them several times until they were hauled off so I cut some barrels long ways so we can put the rocks in the barrels. It works out good due to we only handle them by hand once.
2018-04-15 12.16.42.jpg
Once the barrels are full I can either dump them in a borrowed dump trailer
IMG_0254.JPGIMG_0256.JPG
or load them on my car hauler
IMG_1010.JPG
Also, I don't like driving the tractor on the lawn so I put one of the half barrels in my ATV trailer to gather the rocks, then unload with the forks on the tractor.
2018-04-15 11.53.12.jpg
Forks are one of the handiest attachments a person can have.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #302  
Here are a couple closer pics of my DIY forks,,
the forks hang on a 1 1/2" solid steel bar, that bar is un-bendable,,I have even bent a fork, but, not that bar. :eek:
(Yes, I found a way to bend the fork back, without heat!!)

MZK6PVL.jpg

CsdFqw7.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #303  
A2ADD552-7D28-4890-8601-9953DF689B9C.jpeg

I used my forks to lift 6X6s beams into place. It is the most useful attachment I have. Moving pallets, firewood, brush, rocks, etc.
I have used it as a sawhorse while cutting beams and rafters. I cannot imagine not having it.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #304  
I converted the tractor to SSQA,, then I made a DIY adapter to hold the forks,
the forks pivot at the top on a 1 1/2" steel bar,

I bought the forks close to 20 years ago, from a farmer that had them laying in a field. They are 48" long forks,,

47LymFA.jpg
That type are sometimes called pin top forks: tractor pin top forks - Google Search

Here are my 48" pin top block forks:

P3250012c.jpg

P8080003.JPG

P9190002.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?
Here are a couple closer pics of my DIY forks,,
the forks hang on a 1 1/2" solid steel bar, that bar is un-bendable,,I have even bent a fork, but, not that bar. :eek:
(Yes, I found a way to bend the fork back, without heat!!)

How did you un-bend the fork?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #306  
How did you un-bend the fork?

Not too much detail, because someone might get hurt and call it my idea, but, it involved a VERY heavy chain, and two 20 ton hydraulic jacks,,,

A 20 ton jack pressing on the the center of a hypotenuse of a triangle will create CRAZY high forces,,

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #307  
Removed and hauled away the old stairs on my shop.
Stairs Down.jpg

Stairs Forks.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?
Had a big pile of wood chips I want to burn soon and need them dry so I flipped pile with my forks. I didn't knock wood chips all over but instead just let a little air in to help out the drying. Also had a big pile of brush I needed to move so I pushed into it and picked up nearly the whole thing with the forks.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #309  
Normal stuff, sometimes stupid stuff like lifting room in truss rafters on garage. F4000, loaded tires and blade for extra ballast.

Attachments

• Jul12_0001.jpg
    Jul12_0001.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Jul12_0002.jpg
    Jul12_0002.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 192
   / What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #310  
Moving single large rocks by adjusting the fork width to get under and scoop them.