What happened to Massey Ferguson?

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #111  
I am sure they have some good models but to me it is not worthy of brand loyalty when the same tractor is sold with different paint and decals.

LOL.

Which tractor brand doesn't have crossovers into different paints and brand names?

The list must be very short indeed.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson?
I live in E. Tennessee, so I did a Dealer Locator search. The nearest dealer? Huntingburg, Indiana, 246 miles from my zip code. I rest my case.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #113  
I live in E. Tennessee, so I did a Dealer Locator search. The nearest dealer? Huntingburg, Indiana, 246 miles from my zip code. I rest my case.
That's not really much of case; Just a little to far to go. I went out of my way to buy my 1st new M-F; Which was 113 miles to be exact. The closest dealers in this order were John Deer, Kubota, & a N/H M-F dealer. No regrets here. & recently we had a new M-F dealer open up 28 miles from my home ( Warrenton Equipment ) I've met one of the owners, & I decided to have some work done on my model 50 with them. I'll probably post a thread on it when I pick it back up on how it went.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #114  
That's not really much of case; Just a little to far to go. I went out of my way to buy my 1st new M-F; Which was 113 miles to be exact. The closest dealers in this order were John Deer, Kubota, & a N/H M-F dealer. No regrets here. & recently we had a new M-F dealer open up 28 miles from my home ( Warrenton Equipment ) I've met one of the owners, & I decided to have some work done on my model 50 with them. I'll probably post a thread on it when I pick it back up on how it went.
I wonder how long the tech will spend trying to find the port for his laptop on your MF50!

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #115  
The closest dealer to me is a Massey Ferguson dealer. About 15 miles away. Within a half hour I have a Kubota dealer and 2 John dealer dealers. Within an hour, I have another Massey dealer dealer along with just about everything else.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #116  
I wonder how long the tech will spend trying to find the port for his laptop on your MF50!
Ha! Ha! Not long at all; Since he knows it doesn't have one. The head mechanic has 40 years experience with M-F & really knows his stuff, & that's who is working on my 50.I just hope he is training a few of the new techs. how work on the good ole stuff. The only modern item on the tractor is the electronic ignition that I installed. It took 18 months for the new techs. to be certified, & that's how long it took before they could open there doors. My newer 1526 just went out of warranty last Oct. ( 5 years ) & so far has been trouble free piece of equipment, & of course I do all my own pm's.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #117  
Ha! Ha! Not long at all; Since he knows it doesn't have one. The head mechanic has 40 years experience with M-F & really knows his stuff, & that's who is working on my 50.I just hope he is training a few of the new techs. how work on the good ole stuff. The only modern item on the tractor is the electronic ignition that I installed. It took 18 months for the new techs. to be certified, & that's how long it took before they could open there doors. My newer 1526 just went out of warranty last Oct. ( 5 years ) & so far has been trouble free piece of equipment, & of course I do all my own pm's.
My neighbours 1758 has endless problems with the DPF regen, it costs a few hundred every time they collect it. This fall they sent the dpf off for cleaning, hopefully he will have a trouble free year or even two!

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #118  
My SOL has been doing shipping logistics for AGCO for last 5 yrs.

He is still well employed.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #120  
LOL.

Which tractor brand doesn't have crossovers into different paints and brand names?

The list must be very short indeed.
Talking with my local dealer a few years back he told me Massey sends them to conferences to the different plants and all the new stuff, tech, yada, yada. He had a picture from the one plant ( I can't remember where) with 4 different tractors coming down the same assembly line for 4 different makers.