What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today?
#1,551  
I got a few logs up and off the ground
Screenshot_20231215-222945.png

Last edited:
#1,552  
I picked up a couple 1/2" SSQA female plates for a couple of SSQA projects.
IMG_20231222_153957_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
#1,553  
I put one of those SSQA females to good use by installing a Western Ultra Finish on it. I picked this unit up several years ago as salvage. Now all I need to do is paint it and pick up the hoses to my remote block. I wanted to keep the tilt feature, I think? The older Meyers is the same size but much heavier steel.
IMG_20231230_141506_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_141615_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231230_141615_HDR.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20231230_141544_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231230_141544_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20231230_141528_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231230_141528_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20231230_141604_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20231230_141604_HDR~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,554  
Keep us posted on when you get to try it out. I'm wondering if you'll run into any issues with it so far out in front of your front wheels?

Just curious if you get pushed sideways with it or not. Or, do you run front chains?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,555  
I put one of those SSQA females to good use by installing a Western Ultra Finish on it. I picked this unit up several years ago as salvage. Now all I need to do is paint it and pick up the hoses to my remote block. I wanted to keep the tilt feature, I think? The older Meyers is the same size but much heavier steel. View attachment 841505
Good luck with her, I have similar unit and it does OK.
Mine could use more float in the blade, you may have better luck if you remove the top link and use a chain to limit the drop.
00000100ACD1(IP Camera)_m20191202183938.jpg

#1,556  
Keep us posted on when you get to try it out. I'm wondering if you'll run into any issues with it so far out in front of your front wheels?

Just curious if you get pushed sideways with it or not. Or, do you run front chains?
Sure will. I used a Meyers in the same way bolted to my bucket. It worked fine on pavement but my slate driveway never froze so it kicked the slate to the curb. I'm suspecting this rig will work better, since it is lighter on my loader and now has a tilt feature- the tilt feature may or may it be beneficial.

#1,557  
Good luck with her, I have similar unit and it does OK.
Mine could use more float in the blade, you may have better luck if you remove the top link and use a chain to limit the drop.
View attachment 841538
My Meyers used the chain sleeved with a pipe to limit float, then I went with the top link and it worked fine. I preferred the top link since it gave me more control, since I slow plow. The top link on this new setup lends support and permits the tilt feature. I thought about removing the tilt which would bring the plow about 5 inches closer, but I thought the tilt would be nice. My next tractor will have a cab!

Last edited:
#1,558  
As a funny haha regarding float, the first year I had the Meyers I plowed [graded] a neighbor's driveway that was obviously littered with ruts in some areas, it would have been nice to have more float with that experience.

#1,559  

I missed the sideways/chains question. No chains. The plow is for neighborly emergency purposes since I typically use a walk behind blower for my drive. The one year recently ('15?) we had substantial snow and there was not slippage, but I guess the Meyers added another 200+ pounds to my front axle.

#1,560  
Here's a photo of my first rig
IMG_7735ccc.jpg

Last edited: