What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,841  
Guess I'm with hube2 on this -- I still have a good foot of snow all over, and I can recall many times when we've been hit with a big snowstorm in April (and a few in May!).

My blower stays put for now -- mounted & ready to roll. :)
Yep. Like I said, I will not remove the winter equipment until I'm ready to get ready for summer. Until then it will just sleep in the shed. I've seen 2 & 3 foot snowstorms here well into April and this winter has been pretty erratic.

I want to have a nice weekend where the temps are > 60f. I'm hoping that will be the case in 2 weeks, but the long range forecast is showing rain that weekend. Although Friday the 14th looks like it will be a nice day and I might take a day off work to putz around outside. Will have a better idea next weekend. I'm hoping because I have a lot of things to do for the change of seasons and the tractor is only part of it, and I also want to do an the oil and hydro oil change and I won't do that until I get the blower and FEL off, not to mention that the blower will need its yearly paint job.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,842  
For me it's time for anti-freeze change and oil change.
still need to find a place to take used antifreeze.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,843  
no backhoe here so I can have blower back on in 5 minutes. we just got bunch of rain that took the snow depth away, still lot of coverage just not deep so sunlight is hitting the gravel making it soft even with 18 deg mornings.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,844  
no backhoe here so I can have blower back on in 5 minutes. we just got bunch of rain that took the snow depth away, still lot of coverage just not deep so sunlight is hitting the gravel making it soft even with 18 deg mornings.
When I take off the blower I store it under my solar panels at the back of the property and I'll paint it there. same with the FEL. If I get any amount of snow I wouldn't be able to get to it and I'd be screwed. My BIL did this one year, it was not pretty.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,845  
When I take off the blower I store it under my solar panels at the back of the property and I'll paint it there. same with the FEL. If I get any amount of snow I wouldn't be able to get to it and I'd be screwed. My BIL did this one year, it was not pretty.
LOL blower is 12ft away from my steps. learned to keep that stuff nearby this time of year :)

come May I'll start doing full service, touch up paint, pallatize and tarp it and store it in wood line 200 ft away and, per grade, 13 ft lower than the driveway its sitting on now.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,846  
yeah oil change due here too, all parts on hand just figure I'll prob only run it hour over next 2 weeks and at end of 2 weeks will be good weather outside to do oil in.
hydro good for a bit.
antifreeze/coolant good as it was changed dec or so 2020 when I installed block heater.
I have local rural garage that can take coolant mixed with oil/fuel/hydro/etc and burn it in furnace as long as its around a 6:1 ratio. thats 2 miles away. friend with garage 25 miles away can toss it in 1:1 no issues. so I can get rid of it all ok.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,847  
I guess, after looking at the book, I should be changing my coolant as well. It says 1000 hours or every 2 years and it will be 3 years old in June.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,848  
Ready for whatever happens over next few weeks. Box blade on cause I expect to work the private road today
BTW...the tops (dark spots) of compost pile (approx 15x45x6high) are 8 feet lower than that 7ft grader blade.

20230404_084547.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,849  
I could switch from plow to loader bucket in seconds, so I don't care there. But, my grass is still too soggy to put the tractor on it anyways, so it's sitting in the garage with the plow still on it. I'm waiting for that perfect timing to get the lawn sweeper going on the grass, picking up all the little branches and stuff...just as the grass dries out some, but before it needs it's first mowing. All this rain we're getting ain't helping with that.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,850  
VA had practically zero for snow this season. I did the seasonal snowblower swap for the drive-over mower deck on my GC1720, put fresh grease on the mower, but darn it if I didn't forget to grease the driveshaft BEFORE connecting to the mid-PTO; grease adapter won't fit behind the yoke when attached and in-line. I did the first mowing session anyway, but I'll be sure to detach and grease appropriately before next use. Only 6 more months of mowing to go.