What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,861  
Dug out my garden shed and got all the outside stuff out of it so I can get my tiller (troy-built) out. Started up the tiller and was surprised when it started on one pull.

Then I took the chains, blower and FEL off the tractor and parked them til next year. Very rare for me to use the FEL outside of winter, but I do need to get some stone delivered, so I might use it this year. Took me a couple hours to get the winter tools put away, I'm moving slower than I used to.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,862  
"I'm moving slower than I used to." Yeah, funny (not) how that works! :)

Just got back from a trip with grandson to Chincoteague/Assateague, now need to change hydraulic fluid, remove blower, and do a fair bit of work to the blower after a lot of winter use this year. With the recent warm weather, we've now (as of this AM) lost ALL snow around our house. Guess the MMM is next....

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,863  
We're all over the place. Yesterday was low 80s and next week mid 40s.
Grass has sprung and will need cutting so I'll give Elinor a complete fluids change and lube the mower deck.
Apricots are in full bloom after our little heat wave. Hoping to avoid a frost as I haven't had my own apricots for about 5 years.
It's so disconcerting seeing the blooms covered in snow.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,864  
Did some lawn sweeping for branches and stuff.

PXL_20230414_201400614.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,865  
"I'm moving slower than I used to." Yeah, funny (not) how that works! :)

Just got back from a trip with grandson to Chincoteague/Assateague, now need to change hydraulic fluid, remove blower, and do a fair bit of work to the blower after a lot of winter use this year. With the recent warm weather, we've now (as of this AM) lost ALL snow around our house. Guess the MMM is next....

I just removed my studded snow tires/wheels and install the summer tires/wheels each year it takes longer to complete the task.

Guess you will be performing te MF 50 hour service, ha.

I'm still waiting for the snow/ice to melt off and the ground to dry up a bit before I switch the tractor implements to the summertime use.

Here's a picture of the driveway from April 6 and another from today, still waiting...

KC

Driveway ice begins to melt April 6 2023.jpgDriveway snow and ice April 15 2023.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,866  
"Guess you will be performing te MF 50 hour service..." Right, but darn, I missed it... now showing 102.7 hours....

And yeah, I forgot... chains can probably come off now...

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,867  
Bad enough changing engine oil annually, with less than 25 hours on it. I'm not changing my hydraulic fluid anymore.

Tired of taking perfectly good, clean oil out, and putting in the same at great expense.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,868  
Bad enough changing engine oil annually, with less than 25 hours on it. I'm not changing my hydraulic fluid anymore.

Tired of taking perfectly good, clean oil out, and putting in the same at great expense.
That's why I synthetic oils.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,869  

I changed my oil on Friday, switched to synthetic this year.

I've also decided not to change the hydro oil again this year. I changed it at 78 hours, manual said 50 but I wasn't going to do it when it was below freezing outside so I waited till spring. That was 2 years ago and I've only put 105 hours on it since then. I suppose I'm taking a chance with my warranty, but if there hasn't been a serious issue in the first 3 years I'm betting there won't be a problem in the next 2. Maybe I'll change it next year.

Next step for me is checking out the mower deck, change the blades, grease it up, check the gear box oil level. Maybe today, maybe not. I've still got at least 2 weeks before I'll need to mow for the first time.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,870  
nothing.can't climb onto it. oil was changed few days ago, hydro still has over 100 hrs left on it so didn't bother.fuel filter only has 35 or so hours on it so should be good. need to stow the snowblower and bring the tiller and mower deck up. not today.