What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,291  
And I'm really enjoying the brilliant sunshine this AM at +1.5F..... (disgusting noise here).

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,292  
And I'm really enjoying the brilliant sunshine this AM at +1.5F..... (disgusting noise here).
LOL 8 now with wind chill of -8.
tractor repair gonna wait LOL

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,293  
So the mirrors & magnets (listed by Hube2 & others) I ordered arrived. Yes!! It works!

On my GC2300-series I could only put one on the left-side FEL bracket, but even that will be a big help; thanks for the links! (Right-side FEL bracket on my GC is pretty much covered by the joystick valve & hydraulic lines....)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,294  
So the mirrors & magnets (listed by Hube2 & others) I ordered arrived. Yes!! It works!

On my GC2300-series I could only put one on the left-side FEL bracket, but even that will be a big help; thanks for the links! (Right-side FEL bracket on my GC is pretty much covered by the joystick valve & hydraulic lines....)
iirc 2300 similar to 2400 which is why I did the angle iron mount. had to move mirrors outwards a bit. glad to hear that stuff working good for you.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,295  
I just removed the snowblower and re-installed the MF 2340 Dozer Blade.

There's still about 2' of snow on the ground, but it warmed up a few days ago so I scraped off some slush from the iced up driveway.

Today the driveway is still 100% iced up, but it's just not as thick today.

Back to single digit temperatures at night and the highs are in the very low 20s, with 4 days of snow foretasted.

Tomorrow i'm going to spread 100 pounds of sand using my ATV (style) Moultrie 12v electric gate food plot spreader that's mounted using the 2" receiver hitch on my weight box.

Also tomorrow I'm going outside WITH my chains on the bottom of my shoes.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,296  
been looking at 2340 blade, what is lift height on that? and what is clearance under the quick hitch to ground?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,297  
Dmaacleo, with my height adjustment to the blade it sets just above the concrete garage floor about 1/8" to 1/4" and is resting only on the skid shoes.

And the bottom of the quick hitch near the lock lever is about 3" above the floor.

But when the quick hitch is raised to it's highest position the blade is about 7" off of the floor.

Today, I spread 100 pounds of sand on the driveway, but had to use the electric heat gun to thaw out the spreaders electric discharge gate so it would move.

When I take off the spreader this Spring, I need to perform some cleaning maintenance on that electric discharge gate for the first time since I purchased it.

Had some snow flurries today with a high of 20F and maybe a sliver of sunlight through the trees only a few times today.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,298  
finally got around to replacing the pedal shock absorber on GC2400

Capture.PNG

with spring set at same tension my pedals NOW return when pressure removed. didn't mess with in mud today but suspect I can reduce spring tension a bit to save my bad knees and it will still work. old unit was hard to move.
they don't make it easy to access stuff like cotter pins on these. oh well took 45 minutes in the mud to replace.
LOT better. lot safer too.

Capture.PNG

I did replace a worn bearing last summer that supports the directional shaft into transaxle, bearing is on frame side under cruise control linkage. that was PITA to do but had to, bearing was only half there.

next week (weather permitting) the mower lift shaft gets replaced as after 12+ years rt side sits 1/2" lower than left

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,299  
today and tomorrow grading private road (1200ftx25ft with cull-de-sac thats about 75x50) with 7ft grader blade (trying to regain lost crown) then gonna roll it with 535lb 5ft roller. collecting gravel storing on sides of road so after stuff dries a week I can use box blade to spread that dry dirt over the little divets.
prob got 5 driveways, av 75x18ft, to do also.
little snow on the road every darn morning ain't helping...

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,300  
Nothing. Nothing since Sunday's snow and if I'm lucky nothing until May when I pull off the bucket, blower and chains, change the fluids and put on the mower for the summer. I get to relax for a month or so till the mud goes away.