What is it compatible with?

/ What is it compatible with? #1  

bswiv

Silver Member
Tractor
CAT D5G, Kubota M8540, KubotaB2700
Friend left me a couple of almost full gallon containers of JD HYGUARD fluid.

One is TY6354
The other is TY22000.......listed as low viscosity.

I've got a Kubota M8540
A CAT D5G
A Challenger MT 525, with Diamond mower

What will the JD be compatible with such that I can use it to top off any of these. Yes......they all have the typical tiny drips here and there.

/ What is it compatible with? #2  
My Dad use to make fun of me because I hate mixing brands of any oil. In fact I even hate changing brands on a full oil change. He would use any oil available and never had a issue. Lol

Most likely it would not be a problem. I know Dad would say any oil beats no oil.

/ What is it compatible with?
My initial idea was that a little here and a little there would have zero negative effects. But.....as I am old......and have screwed all manner of apparently simple things up over time, and continue to do so.....I figured I'd at least ask whether someone had a definitive answer.

/ What is it compatible with? #4  
Friend left me a couple of almost full gallon containers of JD HYGUARD fluid.
Since the containers have been open, how do you know the fluid is not contaminated?

I'd only use a fluid from a sealed new container or an open container I've maintained control of.

/ What is it compatible with?
Both are open.......so that is something to think about.

May be that using it in the drip torches when we burn would be a safer use of it.

/ What is it compatible with? #6  
My best friend is from Palatka. He's been gone for years but I think it's the first time I've seen anyone other than him from Palatka. I would use the oil if it was me. I have tons of things that run hydraulic oil so it wouldn't go to waste around here.

/ What is it compatible with? #7  
Both are open.......so that is something to think about.

May be that using it in the drip torches when we burn would be a safer use of it.
I have been in a similar situation
Best to relegate that oil to chain lube or other crude lubricating tasks.
Don’t put it in an engine, transmission or hydraulic system that’s valuable.
Maybe something with a constant leak would be ok, but take a look at the oil in a clear container before you pour it in to check for contamination.
Whats it worth? $50?

/ What is it compatible with? #8  
Both part #s were designed to be utilized as hyd/trans oil. I utilize Hy-Gard in my Kubota M7040 hyd system & Kubota is listed in Hy-Gard spec's.