What is some of your Pet Peeve's

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #521  
I can deal with that, but when getting an owner's manual for a late model vehicle and 5/8s of it is about how to install child seats and other useless nonsense it irritates me.

And that over half of the remaining 3/8s are warnings that should only apply to people that shouldn't be driving it the first place...

Of all the information the 1-inch thick manual all I've found useful is the lug nut torque.
I dunno...modern vehicles' "infotainment" systems are pretty non-intuitive for the most part.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #522  
I fixed it for you. It's not the dog's fault, only the owner's. Take care of your sh*t, folks.
I dunno. You'd think that whatever the dog is yapping about, after a while with no results it would figure out that it's not working and knock it off.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #523  
1698411852885.png

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #524  
What used to frustrate me when I had a new Dell (25 years ago) is that I would go through all of their self help hints before asking for assistance. Yet it still would take multiple attempts to actually reach somebody after receiving several "suggestions" to try what I had already done. I don't recall the exact details but do remember I started putting "Please read before responding" in my email title.

Yet that was just a precursor to the modern "talking computer" which doesn't understand English... especially when I get weary of it and start using words I would never say to a real woman.
Has anyone ever gotten ’Help’ through any CHAT system? Some are automated 👎 and the ones with a live person responding I’ve found very frustrating. Ask a question, wait 15 minutes for a live reply, then if I don’t respond quickly they end the session. 😡 Rinse & repeat.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #525  
I dunno. You'd think that whatever the dog is yapping about, after a while with no results it would figure out that it's not working and knock it off.
I've owned a few dogs of breeds known for being "yappy", but none of my neighbors would ever know it. Meanwhile, I have other neighbors with dogs not particularly well known for that behavior, and I hear them barking at squirrels for 30 minutes at a time, before their owners correct them or move them inside.

It's the owner, not the dog.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #526  
I dunno...modern vehicles' "infotainment" systems are pretty non-intuitive for the most part.
I hate touch screens with a passion, so all I really ask from them is to let me play the music I want to hear.

With their complete lack of tactile feel they're useless and/or dangerous for someone that likes to drive fast on curvy roads. I can't afford to take my eyes off the road for long enough to hit the correct spot on the screen.

But I do spend maybe 10 minutes on the touch screen (parked) when getting a new vehicle - to turn off every nanny and automated feature possible.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #527  
In my wife's Subaru, if I stop to check the mail on my way home, I have to put my seatbelt on to complete the 600' drive to our garage. If I don't, I get a series of alarms that continue to increase in volume and urgency.

If I look to the side too long in my own driveway, to see what the horses are doing, it will complain that I need to keep my eyes on the road.

AFAIK, there is no option to disable these nanny features, and they peeve me.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #528  
I hate touch screens with a passion, so all I really ask from them is to let me play the music I want to hear.

With their complete lack of tactile feel they're useless and/or dangerous for someone that likes to drive fast on curvy roads. I can't afford to take my eyes off the road for long enough to hit the correct spot on the screen.

But I do spend maybe 10 minutes on the touch screen (parked) when getting a new vehicle - to turn off every nanny and automated feature possible.
It's a compromise. The number of features available today would be between confusing and impossible to arrange through buttons.

My car has a more compact cockpit, and so many functions are available only through the touch screen. I don't love it, but they made room for a few buttons for most oft-used functions, and it keeps the space un-cluttered. My truck has a much larger dash, and so they have several more of the functions repeated with buttons, which is nicer... given the space.

I think designers are getting wise to the problem with having functions accessed frequently when driving available only through the touch screen. Some brands are getting better with it than others.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #529  
In my wife's Subaru, if I stop to check the mail on my way home, I have to put my seatbelt on to complete the 600' drive to our garage
My '19 Ram was something like that but a bit worse, it wouldn't move with the door open, a real pia when you're trying to drive up on the ramps with the door open to see when you're near the top so you don't go over. Cured it by using a short seat belt extender I leave in all the time and I plug my seat belt into that when I'm driving

If I look to the side too long in my own driveway, to see what the horses are doing, it will complain that I need to keep my eyes on the road
That right there would be a reason not to buy it IMHO.
Friend of mine bought a Kia something, if you steer away from the centerline at an off ramp for instance without signaling, it'll try to force you back. Apparently you can steer it but you have to use more force than normal.