Comparison What is the best brand of tractor?

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #51  
LAffin. Now you are going back to try and take you foot our of your mouth by editing posts. You brought up JCB, not me. As I said earlier I was referring to Farmall as a USA made tractor and you just ran with it. Thanks for the entertainment and keep up the fine work.

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #52  
LAffin. Now you are going back to try and take you foot our of your mouth by editing posts. You brought up JCB, not me. As I said earlier I was referring to Farmall as a USA made tractor and you just ran with it. Thanks for the entertainment and keep up the fine work.

Take your meds already.

/ What is the best brand of tractor?
I can confirm this is true at least for LS. We bought ours from the guy who runs the assembly center near us in Southern Illinois, who is also a dealer. He has rows of stacked crates with engines mounted on frames. Everything else gets put on after it's ordered, just before it's shipped to the dealer.

We had no trouble at all choosing a Korean tractor. Beside the good reputation LS seems to enjoy, we've owned five excellent Kia vehicles over the years. Korean design and manufacturing is not too shabby these days.

LS is owned mostly by LG and Fiat, they also make NH and Case tractors now CNH. That was one of the twists I didn't know, I thought Case was still an American company and it's not, majority share holders are Fiat and LG after the Case/New Holland merge. So if you buy any one of those tractors, your getting a very similar product just rebadged. I read about guys buying a NH and it's stamped LS on the rear end.

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #54  
I used to bleed green, especially 2 cylinder green. I told my wife about 8 months ago I should sell the skidsteer and buy a tractor with a loader on it, she said whatever you want to do. I started looking for a 2355 J.D. like 1990's old because they are better tractors than what they make now, any of them. They had 5,000+ hours on them and they wanted $18,000+ for them. I couldn't afford that. Just so happens we stopped by a friends one day, he and his brother own probably 8 Fords. He out of the blue said "I think I am going to sell my tractor" and pointed to his 4630 with the loader on it. I said what you want for it? He gave me a price and I said let me see if I can sell the skidsteer and I'll be interested. Well it was all on Gods time and it worked out, man came bought the skidsteer and every attachment and didn't try to get me down on price at all. Called my friend and said I'm ready for the tractor. It's a 1993 model with 1,040 hours on it. Selling the skidsteer and buying the Ford I had enough money left for a used Woods 6' bush hog & a brand new Bush Hog 7' box scrape. I wouldn't have bought a Ford from just anyone, my friend owned it for 10+ years and I know it's a good one and been in the shed it's entire life (he knew the guy he got it from). I wouldn't have looked at Fords nor could I afford what I wanted (2355 J.D.) but it is what it is and I am happy. The more I run this Ford the more I like it, I grew up on a green tractor and that's why I'm partial to them. I would rather have a low hours tractor from 2000 back than I had any new one no matter what kind it is.

You are a Blessed man. You'll get a lot of good use from that tractor. And it appears that particular tractor is the "best" one for you, regardless of it's color. And that's the important part. It's a joy owning a tractor that you don't regret. :)

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #55  
Good luck finding one made in the USA under 75hp now a days, when I did my research, now a days there all South Korea or India. All the rubber is made in the states though so I guess they get shipped in pieces without rubber lol.

Heck I didn't realize there were even tractors under 75 hp still made in the USA aside from construction equipment.

What brands/models are USA made?

Heck I didn't realize there were even tractors under 75 hp still made in the USA aside from construction equipment.

What brands/models are USA made?

Non I know of, many are assembled here but the actual manufacturing is done out of the states. I was always under the impression but didn't look into it that the cut off was around 75hp, above 75hp you find more are made here like Deere. I could be wrong but that's what I was understanding.

In order to be competitive on smaller tractors, the big companies manufacture them mostly in India and South Korea.

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #57  
Last edited:
   / What is the best brand of tractor? #58  
The reason on put him on my ignore list 1 year ago.Always wants to pick a fight with someone.

If you read through the conversation its' quite obvious who started this. And who got upset.

I still think it's funny that you copied my LAffin but I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

So what's the best brand of tractor?

Hey coobie,

How do you like your boom poll? Been thinking about buying one mainly for dragging tops out of the woods.

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #60  
The reason on put him on my ignore list 1 year ago.Always wants to pick a fight with someone.

Well he is on mine now too. LAffin.