What is the good Chainsaw for clearing?

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #51  
I got myself a Husky 572XP with a 30'' bar last year, it's a beast but it is heavy with this setup. I feel like an orangutang after 15 minutes dragging my knuckles.
139248406_10157807617865983_4444179500150188308_n.jpg

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #52  
i have a 359 husky, i like it, it’s good for both … it is discontinued… it could be a little more powerful maybe more in the 65cc would be perfect … husky and stihl are both safe pick i am more of a husky guy myself but it’s only personal preference. if i ever have to reaplace it i would get a professional for sure and 60 to 70cc

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #53  
As I posted before, I am clearing several lots, and need a good chainsaw to tackle the bigger trees and can grind them down afterward with a stump grinder. But you really cant find out much of anything out of the stores on what works for solid pine and oak that we have down here. What is a good Chainsaw that starts on the first pull, lightweight but powerful, and doesnt breakdown after a day or two of heavy cutting..?
I use Stihl saws and have had good look with them. Their Farm Boss is a good saw. Their pole saws are good, but they are heavy.

I have found the trick to easy starting is to buy pre-mixed fuel or find a gas station that sell gas without ethanol.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #54  
Husqvarna, Stihl and Echo all make good saws. (Makita/Dolmar does as well, but I think I read somehere thatthey are exiting the gas engine market. It's possible I'm confusing them with some other brad) They also make low-end "disposable" saws. And they make saws that are somewhere in the middle.

If you pick one of middle to high end saws, they will give you many years of service if you take care of it properly.

More important than the brand name you pick is finding a good servicing dealer in your area. Find one with a good reputation, and buy the brand they sell. Saws can be very reliable, but there will still be the occasion where you need something fixed or adjusted.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #55  
Mostly independent small engine and equipment shops. HD carries their weed wackers, but not saws.
Maybe that's a New Mexico thing... It is both/and they have them at HD, I got mine at small shops. See them everywhere here.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #56  
One thing I didn’t see mentioned is dealer. All of the three manufacturers mentioned are good saws, but can you take it back to Home Depot or TSC when something goes wrong. The OP mentioned light. That would steer me toward a Husky... and don’t waste your money on the homeowner’s saws. They are fine for occasional use but it sounds like he’s doing a lot of work.
On the other hand, an Echo will cost up to 50% less; which is why I have an Echo 490, a 590, and their biggest brush saw. (I also have a Poulan out in the shed, for when I need something to bounce around in the truck.)Yet if I ever start cutting wood off my lot again to sell, the first load of wood will buy me a new 562 Husky. The

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #57  
Maybe that's a New Mexico thing... It is both/and they have them at HD, I got mine at small shops. See them everywhere here.

Interesting. The only Echo products they have at our Home Depot are weed wackers, but I haven’t looked at the HD online products. I did buy a Echo wheeled weed wacker at a local independent small equipment dealer and that is a great machine. Still am partial to Stihl chainsaws. That’s what most of the local loggers use. Something that I’ve noticed is that loggers in the west seem to prefer Stihl, but loggers in the east seem to use Huskies. Both are good, and though I’ve never seen loggers with Echo saws, I’m sure they are a good product based on their other items I own.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #58  
I have been happy with the CS-620P and have had the CS-490 (more plasticy but tough) for 4 years.
I have taken out many 20-34" Ash, cherry, oak etc. and they both start easy.
I got the 620 as the 490 was too slow in the 30" plus ash for bucking and found the 620 well balanced in the cut, though it is heavy to carry around all day.
Did well on this leaner, with 7 wedges to aim it and spin to the left so it would not take out the maple in the background. I still have 6-8 large ash to drop and who knows how many smaller ones.
So both saws will keep getting a workout.

I see most of the pros here use Stihl. My neighbor has a husky and his works well too.
For me the dealer was important (as was the huge difference in price).
If I was a pro the stihl would be more justifiable, but it was more than double the price.

TreeDownsaw20211106_113813.jpg

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #59  
one point not mentioned equally as important as name brand or displacement are 3 important words: ethanol free fuel. ...
Why can't the manufacturers adjust? The auto industry did.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #60  
Why can't the manufacturers adjust? The auto industry did.
The auto industries now use fuel injection. Gas with ethanol eventually destroys carburetors. Fuel injection is probably not economically feasible on small engines, so they still have carburetors. I always fill my small equipment fuel cans with ethanol free gas at a local petroleum dealer (at a considerably higher cost than standard gas with ethanol). Even though the ethanol free fuel is expensive, i only use about 10-20 gallons per summer for my small engine equipment.