What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties?

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #41  
No Comment! (printable)

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties?
there should be a BAD Post option here ... hahaha :) - they are so very useful IMO

sounds like wire ???

sometimes I trim, sometimes I don't ... only bothers my wife's OCD

if you use them properly, they are secured and tight, as per intended purpose. If you keep them loose / reversed, they can be re-used, and slipped apart - in that case, no point in trimming.
I was thinking they can be released, even if tight, by depressing the locking tab with a small flat blade screwdriver?

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #43  
Leave them long....Loose an eye. They are great eye pokers. If trimmed properly, they aren't a problem. If working on job site or service center, occupational health, requires that they are to be trimmed

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #45  
What's wrong with those who don't cut them? The same thing that's wrong with people who are OCD about them being cut.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #46  
just cut them long and at an angle.

I use alot of electric fence wire and tape. I have zip tied my work lights and extra tool box on my JDs though...

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #47  
I guess this could be an initial design issue at the use management level. Or possibly someone feels that the sun will not affect the zip tie if all the heat is dispersed by the proportionally long tail, leaving the loop unaffected by sunlight. Or.........Maybe not.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #48  
Two great ideas from LouNY, that my Swiss cheese brain would never think of.
melt the sharp ends with a soldering iron
double wrap a zip tie

Appreciate the tip, and this is the kind of thing I love about this site.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #49  
I've saved those long TIES that they use for election posters.

Handy around a tractor for hoses etc.
Dan things are sure costly.

I rigged a hook blade at the end of a pole so as to liberate them from arms length.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #50  
did you know there is a zip tie gun? I didn't either till I needed to do 400 of them. I bought one similar to this. its goes quick and cuts flush

https://www.amazon.com/Fastening-Cu...906d04425cc06&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
Yes I do. Used it a lot. One day, I got a call from my eldest son's school (middle grade) that my son had been caught in school with "a gun" and they were calling the Police.

Turns it it was the bright orange zip tie gun that he took, without asking, to show his friends. Some little flower asked him what it was heard "gun" and freaked out and it went down hill from there. The Troopers refused to act on the matter, but there WAS a School Hearing on the matter. It was quite bizzare as I attempted to acquaint school board members with the difference between WEAPONS called guns and TOOLS called guns. In the end their fall back was "the little girl was scared". They did not take kindly to my observation that perhaps, just perhaps, the school, or (gasp!) the parents, might try a bit of reality orientation with these fragile flowers. The Trooper in attendance (as per protocol) was getting a kick out of the whole thing.

Funny, my kid is over 30 now and I haven't seen that zip tie TOOL in a decade or more. Hmmm.