What oil are you using

/ What oil are you using #21  
Keep in mind T-6 diesel rated 5W40 oil is notapproved approved for gasoline engines with catalytic converters and may shorten their service life. That's why rotella now sells T6 gasoline oil that is G rated for autos with cats.
Id do more research on that, many diesels have a catalytic converter, a DOC - Diesel Oxidizing Catalyst.

/ What oil are you using #22  
Diesel cats are completely different than gasoline vehicles. The SN gas oil ratio limits the amount of zinc and phosphorus in the oil. Most CK oils do not meet the SN spec. They won't clog gas cats but the SN spec is meant to extend cat life on low emission gas engines to 250k miles. That why rotella has specific gas oil that meets the SN spec. T6 does not.

/ What oil are you using #23  
Diesel cats are completely different than gasoline vehicles. The SN gas oil ratio limits the amount of zinc and phosphorus in the oil. Most CK oils do not meet the SN spec. They won't clog gas cats but the SN spec is meant to extend cat life on low emission gas engines to 250k miles. That why rotella has specific gas oil that meets the SN spec. T6 does not.
Premium Blue Extreme meets SN spec, as does Amsoil

Shell removed the SN spec when they launched the gas truck oil line, it was all about sales, nothing more.

/ What oil are you using #24  
My 0w30 M1 ESP from Advance Auto just came yesterday. Waiting for the OEM filter from Amazon.
Ralph, are these quarts? I only seem to see it in gallons. I can't figure out the best way to measure out gallons into 3.3 quarts so as not to overfill.

/ What oil are you using #25  
I use a 4 gallon oil can graduated in quarts and a one quart finely graduated plastic container for the final fill.

/ What oil are you using #27  
Personally I would use straight synthetic oil using a
blend you might just as well use regular oil. The
synthetic oil will last longer than the regular oil
but what does the regular oil do after running
7000 miles or more to your system???
In a diesel you need diesel oil to take care of
the acid that is produced from the diesel.
Something I don't understand is in Europe
they don't change their oil until they have 10,000
miles or more anyone know the reason? I have
a 2018 Chrysler 300 they want me to change oil
every 5000 miles. I will change about every 7500
miles or more. I use plain synthetic oil 5w20 is
what is called for.

willy

/ What oil are you using #28  
Yep most European changes are 25000kms (metric). The Oil has a high TBN rating in order to fight acidity. Here in North America most diesel oils are lucky to have a TBN of 6-8. Amsoil Synthetic diesel oils range from 10-12 TBN thus allowing extended drain intervals of 2-3 times of OEM recommendations. UOA will help determine intervals for specific applications. Google Amsoil or pm me and I can send a link. Dutchy

/ What oil are you using #29  
I use a non-synthetic Rotella 15W40 product. Meets all the specs that Kubota requires.

/ What oil are you using #30  
Personally I would use straight synthetic oil using a
blend you might just as well use regular oil. The
synthetic oil will last longer than the regular oil
but what does the regular oil do after running
7000 miles or more to your system???
In a diesel you need diesel oil to take care of
the acid that is produced from the diesel.
Something I don't understand is in Europe
they don't change their oil until they have 10,000
miles or more anyone know the reason? I have
a 2018 Chrysler 300 they want me to change oil
every 5000 miles. I will change about every 7500
miles or more. I use plain synthetic oil 5w20 is
what is called for.

willy
Changed every 10k miles on our VW TDI, as recommended. Same now for the Mz3, not a diesel, 0w20 in it; 5w30 in the TDI.