What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor?

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #21  
So you wear a K&N air filter on your face... Interesting.
What is the connection for that absurd K&N comment?

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #22  
I use high quality JD oil in just about everything. Sure, I hate spending extra money. But with what parts and repairs cost these days? I think, many people that have a tractor , owned by the bank and paying zero percent, have no idea what it's like to be handed a $12,000.00 repair invoice, payable on receipt.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #23  
I use high quality JD oil in just about everything. Sure, I hate spending extra money. But with what parts and repairs cost these days? I think, many people that have a tractor , owned by the bank and paying zero percent, have no idea what it's like to be handed a $12,000.00 repair invoice, payable on receipt.
I will continue using Kubota UDT-2 in my Kubota hydraulic system.
The machine (L48) is long out of warranty, but alternative hyd. oils are not that much less expensive.

Last edited:
   / What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #24  
Depending on what part of the country you're from usually mobil bottles John Deere plus 50 II, so its basically delvac 15w40 which is an outstanding quality Lube.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #25  
I actually stock up each January wheen Deere has their Lube sale. Bought JD Synthetic for the first time in my life this last Jan for my Diesel Mule and Steiner with the Kubota engine.

I don't think I would do that again! No better cranking on the Steiner and the Mule is Noisier! Is that POSSIBLE? JD 15W40 VS 0/40 Synthetic. Both JD Plus 50 II.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #26  
Far as I'm concerned, oil is like mouthwash. It's all basically the same so long as the API cert is correct and Blackstone says it's good, I use it. All winds up in my waste oil furnace in the end anyway.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #27  
What is the connection for that absurd K&N comment?
Don't be so thin skinned, I was just poking you a bit... I used to be the regional K&N Rep here. I'm not anymore. Like it or not a clean K&N will pass dirty air. They have to be dirty to filter properly and most people don't let them get dirty. They want to see that pretty red K&N filter oil shining through. Mine are are all filthy. They filter better that way. Have them on everything, even my air compressor.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #28  
That’s exactly the way I run the K&N filter on my HD. It’s not visible so I let it get dirty, clean it once a year. Never a spec of dirt anywhere in the intake... Dutchy

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #29  
The big issue with ALL pre charged K&N filters used in automotive applications with emissions controls is, the filter oil on the filter gets in the intake air stream and fouls the MAF sensor and that holds especially true with a just cleaned and oiled K&N. Once the MAF sensor is fouled, it cannot input the present A/F ratio to the ecm and then the ECM starts adjusting the A/F ratio to compensate, resulting in poor fuel mileage and other issues and MAF sensors aren't a cheap date to replace. You can clean them (some of them) with CRC MAF Sensor cleaner but even when cleaned, not all work correctly, especially the heated wire ones.

Why I don't run a K&N in my emissions compliant vehicles. Been there and did that before and there is really no cure other than a dry type air filter. In a non MAF engine, no problem. In a MAF engine it can become a big and expensive issue.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #30  
While I respect K&N loyalty, I don't want the mess of washing, drying and oiling an air filter.

I'm a WIX fan.