What shop tools can you not live without?

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #41  
It usually seems be whatever someone borrowed and didn't bring back.
I picked up one of those cheap 1" band sander bench top models and love it. It allowed me to replace the fine wheel on the bench ginder with a wire wheel, which is nice.

LOL! Boy aint that the truth!

I think it depends on what you will be working on. Wood work, bare essentials to me is a good circular saw, with home made fixtures for accuracy.
For automotive, I would not want to give up my 2 post lift, and hand tools are of course as important.

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #42  
I forgot Table Saw, Lathe and Plasma Cutter....

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #43  
I forgot Table Saw, Lathe and Plasma Cutter....

That is one tool that I do not have, a plasma cutter. Can you tell me what brand and model would be good for a home shop? I don't do a lot of metal work, but I like to have the right tools for when I do.

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #44  
My Milwaukee jobsite radio. Gotta have some tunes.

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #45  
Ain't that the truth!

I have a full set of those that have done heavy service for what must be 20 or 25 years now. They have green handles and a hex formed into the tool shank, where it meets the handle, so you can slip a wrench on it for extra torque.

That is the ones, they are the best.

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #46  
Seems as though crash325, radartech and me are the only ones in here with a sense of humor. Bummer, lighten up guys. LOL zman :D

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #47  
Seems as though crash325, radartech and me are the only ones in here with a sense of humor. Bummer, lighten up guys. LOL zman :D
:confused: :confused2: :confused3:
lsrry

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #48  
err. that has to be my cnc plasma cutter.....it makes all my projects so much easier. started out as just a hobby, but ive built so much stuff with it over the years.

quite a large learning curve though

mine is the dynatorch system using a hypertherm 1000 plasma generator.

Attachments

• _MG_4814.jpg
    _MG_4814.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 126
  • _MG_4810.jpg
    _MG_4810.jpg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 91
  • _MG_4811.jpg
    _MG_4811.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 105
   / What shop tools can you not live without? #49  
That is one tool that I do not have, a plasma cutter. Can you tell me what brand and model would be good for a home shop? I don't do a lot of metal work, but I like to have the right tools for when I do.

I have a Miller Plasma Spectrum 375 X-TREME it is both 110 and 220, It is portable. comes in a nice case.

I really like mine a lot

/ What shop tools can you not live without? #50  
Clamps, are a second pair of hands. I like a door jamb for back scratching. I have three sets of ear protection muffs, boxes of ear plugs (keep ear plugs in the truck for when I take the Jack Russell Terrorists to Town) and bifocal eye protection.

I built four picnic tables with door hinge folding legs which allows for compact storage complete with portable bench seats for a family reunion and you would be surprised what they get used for, shop work to BBQs and everything in between.

Debit and charge card.......