What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #1  

milkie62

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800,Ford 801,MF 65, Kubota L305
I will be looking for a cab tractor in the 30-35 HP range with low hrs to mount a front snow blower & 6' blade in the winter and a 5 or 6 rear finish mower or bush hog to maintain an over size lawn/foodplot. Any suggestions on blower size and/or tractors ? Want to stay away from newer tractors with def fluid. Driveway is approx. 1700 feet long and I will be retired so I will be in no hurry. Right now I use my truck but do not want to beat on a truck when I get my next one with the drifting. Snow blower and rear blade will be my best bet. A cup of coffee,just a sweatshirt and tunes playing is the desired effect .LOL

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #2  
I bought a CK3510SE. The heat is awesome and so is the AC! I have a 72” Sitrex rear finish mower on it and it handles it like it’s not even there even in a little taller grass. According to the Kioti site a 66 inch blower is what is recommended for my horsepower range. I’m still using the plow on my truck this winter but plan to buy a front blower this summer to use next winter and possibly a rear blade. The Kiotis as least and I believe mahindra and kubota in that HP range don’t have DEF. Mine does have DPF but it’s a non-issue. Everyone likes to be afraid of DPF but they have been around for a long time and if you understand how they work and operate accordingly they aren’t an maintenance problem.

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #3  
With a front blower and that sized machine a hydraulic blower is basically out of the question. The cost to make that type work correctly was something like $8000 a few years ago when I looked. The issue is the stock hydraulic pump is too small to run one so you have use a pto pump etc etc etc. Plus you may lose your back blade since the hyd pump and reservoir may take that spot.
Anyway, with that out, your best bet is finding a machine that has a mid pto if you are settled on the front blower. With this setup you would need to remove your FEL and thus a lot of the machine’s capabilities. But it is doable. Mahindra, Kubota and I’m sure others make tractors that size with mid mount pto. If I recall it’s about a $900 “upgrade” from the dealer.
If your mind isn’t made up on the setup I’d look into a forward facing REAR blower and run a blade on the front. With a front blade you can get yourself unstuck from most situations and lift and push snow nearly 6’ high.
I went down this road with regards to size and setup and had very little limits with regards to cost. Even with all that the front blower really wasn’t the best option for me.

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor
I get blowing snow and drifting . With a front plow I have to drive like mad to try to fling it over the sides of the driveway. A rear blower is out of the question. Don't really plan on looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life and as I get older my reflexes will get slower I assume. Also with drifting my driveway by springtime using a plow tends to get over into the yard by 12-15 feet some years. I would be looking at a mid-pto setup for the snowblower.Seen a nice Branson new but I was really afraid of the small 24 HP engine and the tiny front tires. Thinking along the lines of Kubota 3030 size to JD 3520 size.

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #5  
I looked at the rear blowers on recommendation from guys on this forum. I’m in my mid-30’s but still hate looking over my shoulder to blow snow kind of takes all the relaxation out of the job and turns it into work for me. Too bad rear blowers are half the cost (or less) as front blowers but to me it’s worth the cost. Also having to remove the loader is a non-issue as the only reason I use it now is to push back or clear snow banks left by my plow so once I have the blower I won’t have the snow bank issue.

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #6  
As far as I know, the only Branson with a mid pto is their little 24hp unit. I know JD and New Holland both make larger tractors with mid pto's. I never got a chance to see one, since neither local dealer would give me the time of day (ok, the JD dealer did actually speak to me). I really did want a front blower also, so I hear you on the desired benefits. I'm not interested in a hydro pack on the 3 pt hitch, due to cost and losing my rear attachment point.

This engine powered front blower has my interest now:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/390817-blower-moved-3-pt-fel.html

I may look into something similar to this, but with a larger blower and more engine hp. We can get some pretty big snows and drifts here (although not this year for some reason).

There's also this commercially produced version, but it's getting real close to the cost of the rear hydro pack, at least it keeps the rear 3 pt mount available:

http://bercomac.com/en/product-category/snowblowers/snowblower-for-tractors-equipped-with-skid-steer-style-attach/

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor
I will not have a loader on this tractor since my other bigger Kubota has one. This will be a dedicted mower & snowblower tractor for me to enjoy during hot and cold days.I have a large piece of property so I will be mowing about 6-8 acres of lawn.

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #9  
I will be looking for a cab tractor in the 30-35 HP range with low hrs to mount a front snow blower & 6' blade in the winter and a 5 or 6 rear finish mower or bush hog to maintain an over size lawn/foodplot. Any suggestions on blower size and/or tractors ? Want to stay away from newer tractors with def fluid. Driveway is approx. 1700 feet long and I will be retired so I will be in no hurry. Right now I use my truck but do not want to beat on a truck when I get my next one with the drifting. Snow blower and rear blade will be my best bet. A cup of coffee,just a sweatshirt and tunes playing is the desired effect .LOL

============================================================================================================================================================================================

If your going that route a new kubota 2370 with a factory cab and front mount snow blower
with a heater defroster and air condtioner will be a better match for what you need.

A new sub compact will have a long term warranty and extended warranty(if you purchase it) so keep that in mind.

You going to be spending a lot of money for a low hour used mid size compact tractor if they are
available and comparing used to new prices is a waste of time as they are so close.

With a new 1870 or 2370 mule and front mount snow blower, cab with heater defroster, coleman air conditioner and snow chains your going to be under 25K or close to it.

You could buy a new Kubota RTV with a heater, air conditioner, 2 sets of snow chains, front mount motorized snow blower, and a front mount mower too.
The RTV's are expensive to maintain so keep that in mind.

Your better off waiting to buy old (new) inventory and just argue until you find a dealer that wants to sell bad enough..

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #10  
Installing a normal rear blower decent camera system is one option to consider.

My tractor is a mere 20 hp with a 60" rear blower and I use an imported back up $50ish camera.
3 years now and still works perfectly. I ordered the larger display and mounted it center just above my steering.
While initially concerned, I can assure U it works to -30deg

Just be sure the blower is wider than your tracks by 5-6" or so. And hydrostatic is the way to go.