What spray lube do you like?

/ What spray lube do you like? #91  
I've been a Break-Free guy for years. Started using it on guns and it ended up on about everything else.
I've also gone back to just an basic oil can for some applications. It's not as active as the modern ones, but there's something satisfying about the old tunka-tunka-tunka, of putting a couple drops of liquid on a part hand having it free up. I use it on the 3 point hitch components and similar things.

/ What spray lube do you like? #92  
WD-40 is primarily fish oil. All natural and among the most universal products out there…rust, loosening, mild lubricant, grill cleaner, fish bait enhancer,,,the list is almost endless. And yes, it won’t hurt you if you unintentionally get some in your eyes or mouth. Whether it’s right or not for your application is the only question.

/ What spray lube do you like? #93  
Carwell CP90. The best vehicle rust preventer I have found. Even migrates between the shifter boot to the floor mat after a few years. Penetrates into joints in sheet metal.

/ What spray lube do you like? #95  
The world seems to default to WD40 for all spray lubricant applications. But I don't think it was even supposed to be a lubricant, it was supposed to displace water (I read that they were trying Water Displacer formulas and the 40th trial worked really well, hence WD40).

I'm going back to LPS1 for lighter lubrication and LPS2 for heavier. I had to order it, whereas you can practically get WD40 at convenience stores. But it is designed for lubrication.

I'm sticking with WD40 for displacing water, for example on the battery maintainer plugs and sockets.

For preventing rust, I like Fluid Film, which is wool wax in a spray can.

What do you think? Hmm, this would make a decent poll....
actually WD40 was made by 2 guys in a garage for Nasa. it was for spraying & lube on space craft that would lube even under high tempt's. then later on sold to the public. I keep rust buster for the rust penetrating spray, spray silicone for lubricating vehicle door weather stripping & on AC Orings, & WD 40 for everything in between

/ What spray lube do you like? #96  
WD-40 is primarily fish oil. All natural and among the most universal products out there…rust, loosening, mild lubricant, grill cleaner, fish bait enhancer,,,the list is almost endless. And yes, it won’t hurt you if you unintentionally get some in your eyes or mouth. Whether it’s right or not for your application is the only question.
Are you certain of that?
---------------------------------
WD-40, 50–60% naphtha (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy. <25% petroleum base oils. <10% naphtha (petroleum), hydrodesulfurized heavy (contains: 1,2,4-trimethyl benzene, 1,3,5-trimethyl benzene, xylene, mixed isomers) 2–4% carbon dioxide.

/ What spray lube do you like? #97  
The world seems to default to WD40 for all spray lubricant applications. But I don't think it was even supposed to be a lubricant, it was supposed to displace water (I read that they were trying Water Displacer formulas and the 40th trial worked really well, hence WD40).

I'm going back to LPS1 for lighter lubrication and LPS2 for heavier. I had to order it, whereas you can practically get WD40 at convenience stores. But it is designed for lubrication.

I'm sticking with WD40 for displacing water, for example on the battery maintainer plugs and sockets.

I’m late to the conversation, but if this helps…
I use light tool oils as general lubricants, dry lube for locks, White lube or Fluid Film where thicker viscosity is required. I love fluid film for rust protection. I use it on my truck twice a year, spraying the entire underside, inside rocker panels, doors, fenders, and anywhere I can fit the nozzle of the spray gun. It also works great as a lubricant on door/hood hinges. I buy it in gallon containers online. Purchased their spray gun as well. I try not to get it on the exhaust pipes or mufflers but inevitably it happens. Smells like lamb chops on the grill.

/ What spray lube do you like? #98  
When I don't need to try and make a bearing or throttle cable, hood latch etc last beyond it's life span buying WD -40 or pb blaster by the gallon (especially when there on sale or offer discounts)is more economical for me anyway. I usually run around with a spray bottle fall and spring spritzing cables and whatnot. My go to is still what I posted earlier it's pricey but works great as a lubricant renewing cables and bearings long past there lifespan on used up well worn stuff I've acquired. I'm also a believer in atf mixed with acetone knowledge passed down from an old-timer that could fix anything. Really stubborn stuff nothing beats heat by a oxy acetylene torch in my case anyway.

Attachments

• KIMG2161.JPG
    KIMG2161.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
   / What spray lube do you like? #99  
I use PB or Deep Creep for rusted threads and for light lubricant I agree with Tri-Flo with teflon. For corrosion protection I use Dinitrol, originally for my airplane. It’s what United was using.

/ What spray lube do you like? #100  

WD-40 can be a "mild" lubricant or work to "loosen" thickened oil or grease in joints.

Wool Wax is available in spray cans. It stinks less than FF.