What Stump Bucket for MX5200

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #1  

JohnnyMX

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200
Looking for something to dig out rocks, remove medium stumps 8-12", transplant some pine trees and possible do some light trenching. They are all over the map on thickness of steel, cutting edges, serrations, digging teeth etc. Is there a good middle of the road option? Saw one on Craigslist for 450 made of 3/16" steel with no cutting edges,teeth,etc with just a metal triangle and I felt like it was going to turn into a welding project. Looked at EA, W.R. Long, Landpride, Spartan, Titan, etc.
Not looking for a bucket spade.

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #2  
This style works better than the triangle style:

Blue Diamond.png

Buckets 555.jpg

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200
Which bucket is that?

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #4  
I was just fixing to ask this same question.

Was looking at the rylee root ripper, I would build it probably, or something similar.

But I have a kubota L3301 with La525 loader and didn稚 know if it would work decent on my tractor.

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #7  
That is more than twice what I paid for mine ten years ago :eek:

The OP has a Utility tractor that would handle this style stump bucket.

If it was half the price, it would already have been ordered :) I'm looking for something in between my local craigslist special at $475 made of 3/16" steel, no cutting edges, no teeth and looks like minimal bracing vs. a $1500 dollar bucket from EA or Blue Diamond. Sometimes I'll pay more if it matters, but for the amount of use here I don't think I can justify "best" bucket.

Anyone have a favorite 3rd or 4th place bucket?

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #9  
MTL Attachments. $599 shipped. But I'm not fond of their interface with the JDeere QT. The upper hook design puts the holder at an angle to the base plate. I purchased raw upper hooks to improve the geometry. Their original design is probably OK, but i decided to rework the upper hooks on my grapple.

Last edited:
I looked at that long bottom stump bucket from MTL last night. The price is decent, how is the customer service at MTL? I have never heard of them so looked it up and saw some negative comments. I don't put too much faith in those since you can find them anywhere, but did you have any issues?

I also saw the blue diamond buckets for like $1050, but of course I"m no where near any of those locations to just pick it up and save the couple hundred on frieght.