What Stump Bucket for MX5200

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #21  
I like my "spade shaped" bucket w/grapple. I bought it from #37 Spade Bucket | MS Attachments
The list price now is $650 or $600 wo/the grapple. The grapple is very handy for stumps and small bushes.

Attachments

• 000_0338.JPG
    000_0338.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 179
  • 100_1660.jpeg
    100_1660.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 169
   / What Stump Bucket for MX5200
Shipping on this was very fast. Too fast for me in this case as I had to push off delivery a few days around the holidays. Item arrived with no dings of any kind on a pallet surrounded by a metal cage made of angle. Looks like a few screws and possibly a cutting wheel will have that disassembled quickly.

titan-ua-stump.jpg

Had 20 minutes of daylight to get it uncrated, attached and to dig something. The crate top was held on by 4 bolts and then I was able to just lift and shimmy the bucket through the bottom part which has the vertical supports tack welded. I hooked up with no issues and the attachment point is perfect with the ssqa (as it should be). I dug out four large rocks / small boulders in the 1-2' range with ease. The hardest part was getting the rock up in the bucket. I would normally just pick-up and move stuff with the grapple, but this worked. I stuck it into the ground just to see how easy it would dig, and it ripped into the ground like butter. When it dries out, I need to go after a few of my stumps and see what it will do.

Two features that would have been nice are drain holes in the bottom/back for water to escape and the tabs or hooks for a chain.

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #24  
Please keep us posted on how it works for stump removal. That bucket may be added to my wish list.

Please keep us posted on how it works for stump removal. That bucket may be added to my wish list.

Had a couple of minutes without rain finally and wanted to try taking a stump out. I had a pin oak that I had cut two years ago that was roughly 8" in diameter and I left it about 2 feet tall. It took about 15 minutes to get this out. This is about the largest I had in mind for this and I'd say it went pretty well. This one will take some fine-tuning to learn how to use it better. Most of that is my understanding of the nature of stumps. You definitely need space around the stump to work. I got this one from only 3 sides. I dug out a small pine 5-6' with one scoop.

stump_before2.jpg stump_before.jpg

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #26  
I've been clearing the woods behind my house. Had been using a L3901 but traded it to a MX5400 and the MX will push over small trees that would stop the L. I also bought a attachment that uses the SSQA and wraps the arms around small trees and by pushing and lifting takes out small trees. I pushed it past it's limits and have had to do some repairs/adjustments to it and man who sold/manufactured it sent me a larger pin which made it a bit more sturdy. Was using it on my former, former B26xx and never tried it on the L and think it may be to light duty for MX but will try it one day.
I'm considering getting the Titan Stump bucket and been doing lots of searching to see how it may work on my MX and found your post. So I am very interested in your experience and if you believe it is heavy duty enough for your MX. I figure 6" to 8" trees will be all I'd try and use it on and maybe too dig roots under bigger trees and then push the bigger trees down with the MX. Also to remove some close to the ground 6" to 8" stumps. Maybe do a bit of small trenching and maybe try and remove and replant some 6" fruit trees.
So appreciate any input with your actual MX/Titan Stump Bucket experience. I've bought several attachments from them. Have 48' adjustable forks, front back hoe (2nd one) and other items over the past few years.

It is nice to find the attachments you are looking for with nearly the identical tractor for sure. I was worried about the thickness of the metal on the USA made version. It was 3/8" instead of 1/2" and the weight was a few hundred pounds less. I think it is going to be just fine from what I see so far, and I suppose it gives the tractor a few more hundred pounds of lift which is good. Now that snow has fallen I'm moving into wood collecting mode.

Second Use: I went out to an area that used to be a giant tree stump where large boulders had been buried and stacked around it. I wanted to take them out since the stump is gone and it scooped them all out like they weren't there. Some of the rocks are larger than the opening on the bucket. No issues, no damage to the teeth on the bucket either. Ran the landscape rake over my area when done and smoothed it out good enough until spring.

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #28  
Rec'd my Heavy Duty V2 Stump Bucket today. Ordered it and they charged me for it about a month ago. I feel it's been a horrible experience with them and no contact with me other than saying it was shipped several weeks ago with tracking number showing no response. According to shipping Company wasn't shipped until 3/3/2021 with Titan telling me shipped a couple weks before. Finally after a bit over half hour wait talked to a "Girl" and she was all over the place with the most stupid answers. I've bought lots of "Stuff" from Titan and been mostly satisfied and usually rec'd with 3 to 4 days. They sure went off the rails on this item. I'll uncrate it and try it in a few days. Titan says it's 470 lbs on sale site and shipping weight is 442 including steel crate according to shiping company.https://www.palletforks.com/skid-steers/tree-removal/stump-buckets/extreme-hd-stump-bucket-tree-scoop-v2/124108.html

Let me know how you like that version. I was on the fence between the UA made and that one.