What Stump Bucket for MX5200

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #31  
I had the MTL. Was a pretty good bucket. I ended up selling it before I broke my tractor. Was getting too aggressive with it digging up stumps. I went to pick mine up, I only live 2 hours from their place. Customer service seemed fine.

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #32  
I just got my Titan heavy duty V2 today, dug a couple of Autumn Olive bushes out for a quick test, worked great but I'll have to be careful, this thing is a beast!
2021-03-10_11-31-55_356.jpg
2021-03-10_11-32-14_271.jpg

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #33  
Uncrated the stump bucket yesterday for a quick test. Got it attached, has a fairly small upper lip for tractor attachment feet to connect under but got it done when both bucket and tractor were on level ground. Bucket fit good and tight, unlike the front how I bought from them which had one side kept coming off and had to attach a shim plate to keep it on.
Dug up a couple of 4" trees and dug around a couple of 8" to 10" low cut stumps. Didn't finish the job on the bigger stumps, will have to go all around them instead of on just one side. Dug out a section of ditch line that was getting dirt back in it. Dug and moved some dirt.
Biggest issue is I can't see my tip and see actual angle of bucket. Really need a spotter to guide me but it did penetrate the ground fairly deep when angled and pushed down into dirt. The dirt I was digging was woodsy loam and not hard clay so it penetrated so good i couldn't usually curl bucket and pop up anything. Had to curl while backing up to get enough hyd power to make it pop tip out of ground, my hydraulics limitations and not the buckets issue.
I believe I can dig holes for tree planting OK and I believe I can dig all around some trees to loosen them to move them with my SSQA Tree grabber.
Alls well after extremely frustrating experience with Titan and their failure to contact me and explain that they probably were out of stock and were just ignoring me till they aquired more stump buckets is my theory. Will be very hesitant to do business with them again after spending thousands of dollars with them over the past few years.
My brother in law a retired machine shop instructor/machine shop operator/machinist/farmer saw the bucket and said the 1/2" steel is as good or better than the thinner higher grade steel for the use and purpose of the bucket and of course the golden rule of tractoring that weight matters also applies.
I'm satisfied with the product. It will/would be more awesome on a machine with more hydraulic power and heavier machine.

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200
My brother in law a retired machine shop instructor/machine shop operator/machinist/farmer saw the bucket and said the 1/2" steel is as good or better than the thinner higher grade steel for the use and purpose of the bucket and of course the golden rule of tractoring that weight matters also applies.
I'm satisfied with the product. It will/would be more awesome on a machine with more hydraulic power and heavier machine.
Glad it seems to be working after the red tape sales and delivery BS. It sounds like you got at least a few test jobs done. I know I was ready to dig holes just for the hell of it. You are right about seeing what's going on and the need for a spotter. I got some heavy-duty colored electrical tape and am going to put a few markers on my bucket level indicator so I have some idea of moderate angle vs aggressive. In terms of weight, I don't know if I care about losing 200lbs of lift on the MX vs not folding the bucket in my rocky soil. So far so good even with the lighter/higher grade steel. I'm sure you aren't going to break the HDV2 model with 1/2 steel. I would hope not at least.

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #35  
Try Jenkins iron and steel out of minnesota. I have there stump bucket with a grapple they sell them without the grapple also. I Use it for everything on a skidsteer I have unlimited access to. If you have third function valve the grapple is amazingly versatile and I like it much better, and have no need for a regular grapple. It's also nice cause I can also pick Large individual rocks without making a huge mess. I've used this bucket for almost three years with no problems minus a broken hydraulic line which was operator error.

Attachments

• KIMG0238.JPG
    KIMG0238.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 93
   / What Stump Bucket for MX5200
I have pulled out a few more stumps to date in about the 10" range. I'm getting better at this now in terms of how far away from the stump to start ripping. This works much better if you can get at the stump all the way around. They come out without much fuss and this seems like a good option when you want to get rid of a few here and there and have no backhoe.

I also found that this bucket is a great tool for spot filling holes. My property was a tree farm before I moved in and the prior owner had removed trees live and left the holes. It is great fun when the fields were 6' tall and you couldn't see them :(. It beats dumping 72" of dirt on a 24" hole.

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #37  
-----------------------------------

I also found that this bucket is a great tool for spot filling holes. My property was a tree farm before I moved in and the prior owner had removed trees live and left the holes. It is great fun when the fields were 6' tall and you couldn't see them :(. It beats dumping 72" of dirt on a 24" hole.
Yep, here is my hole filler:
P7100035.JPG

P7100037.JPG

P7100040.JPG

P7100042.JPG

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #38  
2021-04-08_11-24-14_377.jpg
I dug about 8 stumps over 2.5 days last week with my Titan, it takes a lot of digging but if you're patient and don't get to aggressive they will come out.

These pictures are the biggest one, the others were a little smaller.

2021-04-08_11-23-37_687.jpg
2021-04-08_11-24-49_137.jpg

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #39  
^^^ Impressive...

/ What Stump Bucket for MX5200 #40  
I'm not doing so great with stumps, maybe trying to remove without making a big enough hole.
Used mine yesterday for digging some planting holes then digging up some shrub/bushes and planting them in the hole and tamping them with the stump bucket. Dug up some dirt and filled some previously dug holes. Dug some dirt and dumped it over 6' high top of raised beds. Have pushed thru some scrub bushes/trees to sort of clear an area.
Still have trouble knowing exactly where my tip of bucket is and dig a plant, lift and bucket full of dirt but no plant which is still standing where it was.:) Try again and eventually have this big hole for a small shrub/tree. :)
Any problems are more me than the stump bucket which turned down and tractor down pressure sinks in ground great and comes up with curl and raise full of dirt which sticks to bucket and have to shake it off. May need to lubricate the bucket before working.