What to use as a tow chain?

/ What to use as a tow chain? #11  
A pin/bolt shackle sized to fit your draw bar hole, and a 1/2 diameter logging choker is a great combination for this. The choker will tighten up and not slip off your brush.

/ What to use as a tow chain? #12  
IMG_1855.JPG

Bark on stems is loose and slippery this time of year. The pipe helps bite and choke the load. Want to pull out of the ground not skin or break off. Usually use two on each end of chain to pull multiple clumps. Easy to hook and release. Wife approved.

/ What to use as a tow chain? #14  
IMG_1856.JPG

Use the backhoe hook to pull out evasive brush. Not to hook and drive, but hook and pull with hydraulics. Then Stack and pile with the thumb.

/ What to use as a tow chain? #15  
As other said wrap couple times around and very little slack.

/ What to use as a tow chain? #16  

Depends, what are you trying to chain your toe to??? lol lol

I use a tow chain, but I go around the bushes "twice", and it works just fine.

SR
Yup....that's the secret!

/ What to use as a tow chain? #17  
A pin/bolt shackle sized to fit your draw bar hole, and a 1/2 diameter logging choker is a great combination for this. The choker will tighten up and not slip off your brush.
These work very well

/ What to use as a tow chain? #18  
   / What to use as a tow chain? #19  
My problem with chain - the loop I put around brush will not tighten up as I pull. I've gone to 3/8" cable and a slip hook. As I pull - the loop around the brush tightens.

A heavy nylon strap with a loop on the end would probably work also. Around the brush - thru the loop - hook to the tractor - pull.
There are slidding hooks used with logging winches, they tighten-up as you pull. Converted all my chains and use them on my winch all the time now.

/ What to use as a tow chain? #20  
Rob 80, My wife and I have used a scissor style Brush Grubber to make trails through our 23 acre of woods for her Kubota rtv500. I also use their 6ft chain w/ a ring that goes over a trailer hitch ball. They do have a multi wrap chain that goes around a Bush but I was mostly pulling out 3 to 5 inch saplings. For the occasion bush I would choke the strap around the base and go back around the other direction and run the loop between both wraps and to the chain to the draw bar.