Buying Advice What Tractor to Upgrade to?

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to? #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
Alright gents, I've got the approval from the boss to upgrade my little LS J2023. It's been good for around the house on my 6 acres, but it's tippy, doesn't get very good traction, and is a little weak on the PTO. Last fall I bought some hunting land and now I have ATV trails to cut and 2 acres of food plots to till and plant. I'm thinking something in the 27-30HP range would be enough provided that it's a heavier built machine. I still need to be able to trailer it and tow it with my 1/2 ton truck. I'm keeping an eye on the used market, but I'm somewhat particular and haven't found much. I've got a budget of $15K max. I've already got a 5ft brush hog, 6ft finish mower, and 5ft tiller. I'd like to still be able to use all my implements with the new tractor.

Any recommendations for machines? I've been happy with my LS and like my dealer. I also really like the local Kioti dealer as well. Closest Mahindra dealer is 30 miles. I've got a good Yanmar dealer about 40 miles. And of course, Deere and Kubota locally.

Last edited:
   / What Tractor to Upgrade to? #2  
Kubota L 2501 Gear Drive. Great little machine, no need to worry of regen's, and will fit your implements perfectly.

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to?
My local Deere dealer has some good used 3032E and 3038E units that fit my budget also. Don't know much about them other than they are the economy models.

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to? #4  
Why not go with LS again? Some of the 40xx and 41xx series tractors look super stout. Pick the biggest one that fits your implements and go for it.

Why not go with LS again? Some of the 40xx and 41xx series tractors look super stout. Pick the biggest one that fits your implements and go for it.

Out of my budget is why.

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to? #6  
Talk to your LS dealer about an XG model. Maybe he'll give you a good trade.

Talk to your LS dealer about an XG model. Maybe he'll give you a good trade.

I'll definitely give them an opportunity. I've had better luck with getting more for my stuff by selling outright on CL, but I will give my dealer a shot at a trade deal.

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to? #8  
"I still need to be able to trailer it and tow it with my 1/2 ton truck. "

I trailer my 75 hp New Holland with 850 pound Rhino cutter with a 1/2 ton PU so I doubt you will have any problems....:)

image.jpeg

Well I can't afford more than about. 30HP new tractor or possibly a 35HP used tractor.

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to? #10  
A good used unit will cost you close to what a new unit will. What is your budget?